Chapter One

Hi my names Edie. I have blonde hair past my shoulders and deep blue eyes. I live in California with my Mom, Dad, my older brother Dylan's and younger twin brothers Kyle and Mason. I work in a small cafe right by the beach and teach regularly at 'The Rage'.

The past year has been crazy. I guess you could say it all started the day I met Rydel Lynch at my first day of dance at 'The Rage'. We instantly became friends and soon found out we only lived a couple of houses away from each other. The day I met her crazy brothers was when everything spiralled out of control.

"Hey" A tall blonde looked down at me from the top of his stairs. "Rydel who's this?" He asked his sister. "Ross this is Edie. Edie this is Ross one of my younger brothers. Come on I'll introduce you to everyone else" Rydel said pulling me away, I looked back to see Ross wink at me.

"That's Riker, Rocky and Ryland" Rydel said pointing at three boys in the pool. I waved slightly as they all smiled at me and then turned there attention back to their game. "I'll be right back!" Rydel ran off into the house leaving me alone standing on the decking.

"You alright?" I turn around and see Ross standing beside me.

"Fine. Just waiting for Rydel"

"You dance right?"

I nodded and he smiled.

"I'll have to watch you sometime"

"If you want"

"I will" He smiled.

A after a few weeks of hanging out with Rydel and her brothers we became really close. I was round their house all the time when I didn't have dance rehearsals with Rydel.

One day we were hanging out by the pool when Ross pulled me over to one side.

"Are you busy tonight?" He asked quickly.

"No, I...I don't think so"

"Do you think, I could take you out?"

My eyes widened. "Uh...sure". A smile grew on his face. "Great! I'll pick you up at 8" He said and ran over to his brothers and quickly threw his shirt off and jumped in the pool.

And that's where it all began. Let me just tell you in the most simplest way. After Ross took me out on that date, we got a lot closer, and just as summer began we started dating. We spent every moment we could together when we both weren't working. I fell for him that summer. He was kind, caring, gorgeous. He was perfect for me. And for a while I thought I was perfect for him. But it all changed once school started that September. When the semester began, Ross changed. He wasn't the fun, kind guy I knew just the day before. He seemed to have become mean and selfish. And it shocked me that I'd never seen that side to him before. He was a complete jerk. But I didn't want it to ruin the new school year ahead of me. So I let it go over my head.

A few weeks just before school ended for the next summer it was my birthday and almost mine and Ross's one year anniversary. I just turned seventeen and my parents let me a have party. I invited all my friends and the Lynch's. It was such a good night. Until I lost my boyfriend in the sea of people.
I searched for him for what felt like forever. But the last place I expected to find him was in my bed, with the school slut.

He broke my heart that night. He said I was over reacting but I couldn't bare to look at his face. Everything I thought he was, he most defiantly wasn't. I shut down the party and kicked everyone out. I didn't want to explain myself I just locked my door and went and cried myself to sleep.

When school soon ended and summer began I put all my effort into my work. I was at the cafe everyday working from 7am until 4pm and then went straight for the cafe to 'The Rage' to teach evening classes. As much as it tired me out, it kept me busy. It also kept me away from having to ever bump into any of the Lynch's where I left so early and got home so late. I got a new phone and number so I had no way of contacting Ross and he had no way of getting to me without talking to my face. Which was always impossible as I was never home.

So now we're all caught up.

It's another new year at school and I'm ready for it. As much as I don't want to face Ross, I feel ready for it. My hair's grown a lot during the six weeks off, and I decided to get some more blonde highlights through it so it was lovely and bright. I've toned up a lot more as well with all the dancing I've been doing. I've slimed down and I feel great.

I found my way to my new locker and I was instantly disappointed with it's location. Just my luck that my new neighbour was none other then my cheating ex boyfriend who had I prayed I wouldn't bump into on the first day.

This was going to be fun....