LANCE STROLL: Is There Anything Going On?

Start from the beginning

"So, I mean, I didn't even know what to say," Lance laughs as Emilie takes another sip on her wine. After their little hug, they'd suddenly delved into a conversation about an encounter that Lance had with some guy at a supermarket, "What was I meant to say, ya know? He stood there for a couple seconds, and then-"

His voice was cut off by the ringing of Emilie's phone. She winces, knowing exactly who was ringing her. Lance frowns for a second, staring at her phone that was faced down on the table. He shoots her a look, and Emilie just picks up the phone and on the screen is the name 'Tom' on it.

Emilie kind of had a feeling that Lance wasn't the biggest fan of Tom, considering how close they'd gotten over the course of the show, but Emilie really didn't see Tom like that, only as a friend. Pursuing her lips nervously as Lance averts his eyes from her, she presses the cool metal of the phone against her ear.

"Hello?" she says cautiously through the phone, and soon she hears the happy voice of Tom through the phone.

"Emilie! Hi! Me and some of the contestants are going to celebrate, and obviously we can't not have you there!" he exclaims brightly thought the phone, and Emilie knows Lance can hear every single word of this phone call, and he really doesn't seem too happy about it.

"H-Hey Tom. Um, I'm a little busy at the moment. I'm with Lance, you see," she explains, and she hears Tom sigh on the other line, causing Lance to raise his eyebrows at her.

"Come on Emilie. We've just won Dancing With The Stars for crying out loud. Don't you wanna celebrate?" he sighs, and she can hear some noise is the background of the call.

Emilie feels a pang of guilt and a small part of her wants to go and have fun with her DWTS friends. But deep down, she knows she can't leave Lance like this.

"I'm sorry Tom, but I wanna stay with my boyfriend. I'll celebrate with you some other time, yeah?" she replies and she hears Tom let out an annoyed groan, but he complies all the same. He knows how serious she is about her relationship with Lance, and how badly she wants it to work out.

He tells her to have fun and take care of herself, then leaves it at that. The phone beeps as the call ends, and Emilie lets out a long sigh, placing her phone back on the table. She turns to Lance, who's not really looking at her at the moment, just staring down at his jeans with a small frown on his face.

"Hey. You okay?" Emilie asks and she's being really cautious at the moment, as she can kind of see where this conversation is leading to, and it doesn't seem to be anything good.

Lance just turns to face her, taking a sip of his wine and eating a couple of crisps, not even glancing at her. Emilie didn't really see what the problem was with her having a phone call with Tom, but she knew this was the breaking point for him.

"Is there anything going on, between you and Tom?" he says quickly, fiddling with his fingers as Emilie purses her lips.

This was the one conversation she definitely didn't wanted to have with him, but it seemed to be starting right at this moment and she really didn't want it to. The light in the living room was dim, but she could still see the sadness flooding his eyes, and she felt her heart ache at the thought that he would even think that something was going on between her and Tom, when there really wasn't.

"There's nothing, Lance. I promise. We're just friends," she sighs, hoping he'd even turn his head to look at her, but it didn't seem to be happening any time soon.

"I-I really do trust you Emilie. I do. But I'm just getting this bad feeling that I don't like. Are you sure that there isn't anything going on?"

"There really isn't. Listen, Lance. Me and Tom have been spending a lot of time together recently, obviously because of the show. We've even spent some time together outside of the show and practising. But I love you. Not Tom, not anyone else, only you. Okay? I understand your concern, if you were spending a lot of time with another girl, I might've gotten suspicious. But I trust you a lot Lance, and I know you'd never do anything behind my back. And I'm not doing anything behind your back. I promise. We're only friends."

Lance turns his head to her, finally. A small smile is etched on his face after hearing her little speech. Hearing Emilie talk about him like that made him so unbelievablely happy, it honestly warmed his heart. His mind was a little all over the place as Emilie smiles softly back at him.

Without warning, he jumps onto her and engulfs her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her as Emilie's eyes widen in shock. The hug was unexpected, but not unwanted. Emilie returned the gesture, wrapping her arms around his tightly.

"I'm sorry, Emilie. I just really, really don't want to lose you. I love you too much, and I can't even begun to think what my life would be without you," Lance whispers, causing Emilie to hug him tighter. She didn't want him to feel guilty about this, if she was in his place, she's probably do the same thing.

They both loved each other so much, and even thinking about losing one another to someone else was something they both never wanted to experience. They'd been together for so long, and they'd seen each other at their best and at their worst.

They couldn't be more grateful to have each other.

<><><><><><><><>

A/N: I got another one done :)) Damn, I rlly enjoyed writing this one. I hope this is what you wanted <3 Ik it's crappy and idk if it's rushed but I hope it's okay :D

So, I will be starting my Seb one pretty soon, and that should be up on Sunday, because tomorrow I'm out most of the day and I probably won't get it finished. Thanks so much for the support on these one shots, it's greatly appreciated :))

NEXT CHAPTER FEATURING: