Chapter 8 | | Hold My Hand

A few days go by and I've been doing well with my training. Felix is a great swordsman but he is very protective while we train.

It's sweet of Felix to check on me every second but, he does wear me out. Recently, I've been coming to Athanasia's room to study more. As a Princess of the Iron Empire, I must also study!

Athanasia slumps over her desk saying, "Ah, I don't want to do this . . ."

I'm lying lazily on Athanasia's couch with a book over my face. I am quite lazy when it comes to studies. "Me neither princess," I groan. "I'd rather be listening to Felix telling me to run slower."

*SHWP!!!*

Lucas randomly appears. "You two princesses bored?"

"I want out. I feel like some caged animal." I sit up angrily, tossing the book onto the ground.

"You know it's not that easy for us to get out of the palace, right Ariel?" Athanasia points out.

"Actually, it's super easy.

*SNAP!!!*

"Ah?" The next second later I'm now in the sky, falling!? "AH!!! LUCAS!!!"

Growing up I had a VERY bad fear of heights. Especially since Arlene was the one to make me have that fear. When I was younger, and whenever I was somewhere high, (like at a top of a staircase) she'd come from behind and push me, making me fall from a high height.

I shut my eyes bracing myself for the fall when I feel a pair of gentle arms catch me. "H-Huh?" My voice quivers in fear.  I look up to see-

"L-L-Lucas!!!" I fume in anger. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I smack Lucas's chest as Athanasia giggles at us. "I'm scared of heights you idiot!"

"Sorry sorry." Lucas apologizes, setting me down. "Well here we are. Outside the palace."

The three of us stand in a dark alleyway as the market bustles with life. I realized my clothes have changed into commoner's clothes. I look at Athanasia and Lucas then realize they both look like some Hansel and Gretel.

"We have no time to waste!" Lucas says looking back, clasping my hand, and giving me a handsome smirk

"If you can do this now, then how come you never done it before!?" I angrily ask. "I wouldn't have to be in the palace all day!"

"It's fun watching you two complain." Lucas laughs. "Especially you."

"Oh I definitely hate you." I clench my fists in anger.

We walk past stands, looking at what they had to offer - finally settling and buying kebabs, sweets, and many more. Athanasia runs off into a restaurant as we follow behind.