Love And Second Chances: Is There Really Such A Thing?

When it comes to love, it's one thing to fall in love yet it's another thing to have love fall on you...

************************

New Orleans, Louisiana

     Dear Mimi,

          I'm back home celebrating my parents wedding anniversary.  Every time I see them, it makes me smile huge.  The way they met is truly sweet and unique. 

         When my dad was in the military, he spent the vast majority of the time overseas.  According to my mom, his first wife divorced him, took the kids, and got with his brother. Dang shame. My mom was working as a waitress at the local restaurant that was located right near the docks, so she was able to see all of the sailors, fishermen, tourists and others come in and out. At the time, she was putting herself through school as a Registered Nurse. She had some scholarships yet there's nothing wrong with having a little extra money in the pocket. Well, she and her friends were clocking out for the day when some of the troops came home. After they were officially dismissed, many of them had their loved ones welcome them home. My dad's family was nowhere to be found. 

       Then, out of nowhere, my mom did the craziest thing: she ran up to him as if she was his significant other! Now usually,  I'm sure that most women would've been looked at like they were absolutely insane yet they looked at each other and he played along.  After the little meeting,  they stepped inside the restaurant and really got to know each other. 

      As time went by, they really fell in love with each other.  She stood by his side even while he was overseas and he loved her like no other.  When he came home from his last tour, he asked her to marry him and she happily agreed. They had a small yet beautiful ceremony in the evening and they have been in the honeymoon stage ever since.  Out of their union they had two children: my brother Jayson and I.  When Jay was old enough, he followed in my dad's footsteps and joined the military.  My dad was a Marine and Jay was in the Army. 

    When I was younger, while we were enjoying a typical awesome Saturday afternoon with a great lunch from the grill, there was a knock on the door. My mom went to answer the door.  When she opened it, she was cool until...

  " Hello, how are you?" "Yes, I'm here to see Alvin Greyson." "And who might you be?" "Oh yes, I'm Melissa, Alvin's wife..." "O.O...Excuse me? Alvin, come and get the door." "Hey Angel, what is it?" "Bear, who is this woman? She says she's your wife." "This female here is my EX wife. Now Melissa, you need to exit out of my life and stay gone I am very happy these days. Angel, close the door. " 

    We found out that she found our address from the envelope that they sent their wedding invitation in to his parents.  We also found out that Melissa's new lover wasn't all that cracked up to be. Dumb fool. We only met his other children once and after that she found every way possible to make sure he didn't see the kids. Nowadays, we all chit chat every now and then even around holiday time. 

    I told my family about Roman and they even want him to come down for the vow renewal ceremony.  I told him this and he said "sure, I will love to." My sisters couldn't make it because of their schedules yet they sent lovely gifts to the house.  They also called them to wish them a happy anniversary.

    When Roman and I arrived at the house, everyone connected right away. My uncle Dominic and my aunt Jackie suprised all of us. The guys sat outside and chatted while the ladies were inside catching up with each other. "So, are you happy with him?" "Mom, I am TRULY happy. He's nothing like Shane...he makes me feel MORE like a woman." "If you're happy then we're overjoyed."  While the guys were outside, they were on the grill cooking away. Once the meal on the grill was done and we all gathered together outside, the vibes really connected and we really enjoyed each other. It was wonderful.  My family's not one to hold their tongues so when Jay gave the toast, he even said "Roman, welcome to the family." I swear you couldn't find a better time than this. After dinner and we cleaned up, Roman and I said our goodbyes as we headed to our hotel room. 

     Once we settled in for the night, we conversed about everything that happened.  He truly loved my family and vice versa.  As we went to sleep, I dreamt of my wedding day...when I become Mrs. Roman Reigns.

    While we were here, we went sightseeing.  One thing that I love about my city is that just as you think you've seen it all...you really haven't. Of course, we were stopped by fans.  Some respected our privacy and some were truly eager for a pic or an autograph.  Roman even sampled a whole lot of Creole cuisine. He loved it!

    The time came for my parents vow renewal ceremony.  It was in the evening with a small amount of people yet it was something to see.  My mom still looked breathtaking in her wedding dress and my dad lookedas handsome as ever in his tuxedo. As Jay walked my mother down the aisle, it was lovely and sweet to see my dad tear up. Once they reached each other, they just constantly smiled.  Their vows were beautiful.  At the reception, there was nothing but love and good times all around.  I even got on the piano and played "Once In A Lifetime" by Craig David.

    As I was in Roman's arms, I looked over at my parents dancing.  They were obviously in their own world.  I whispered "I wonder if that will be me someday." "Babygirl, that will be US someday...just as happy as your parents are right at this moment." As he made that decree, I couldn't help but to smile and feel overjoyed as we kissed. As the evening came to a close, they thanked everyone for coming and got ready to leave for their cruise.  Roman and I said our own goodbyes as we headed back to the hotel and got ready to join everyone else on the road the next day.

   As he got ready for bed, I just looked at him. "Everything okay Doll?" "Indeed it is my love." Just looking at him just makes me melt all over.

    Ah love and second chances...is there really such a thing Mimi?  Looking over at Roman, I really think it is. I really do.

Sleeping in Heavenly Bliss,

Sophia