S2 Ep2: The 3rd Polaroid, Girl

Start from the beginning

*at school*

I know I shouldn't taken drug from one of the students, but it's hard. I tried so f***** hard to resist.

(Zach pov)
As I gone to the game and before it started, I get a call from Hannah so I answered and put it close to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Zach. How are you?"

"Oh, I-I'm good. You?"

"I'm doing fine. Oh hey, Are you at the game?"

"Yea, bu--."

"Is there room for one more cause I'd loved to come and watch you guys play?"

"Uh--I--I don't think that's a great idea."

"Oh come on, Zach, please." She pouts which I couldn't say no to even if I don't see her face to face.

"Okay, I'm coming to get you and meet me outside of your house when I get there, bye." I told her before hanging up.

I made an excuse to the coach about I wanting to use the restroom and once he bought it, I quickly rushed over to my car and picked up Hannah from her house

"W—Wow, You l—l—look great. Uh, You ready?" I flabbergasted as I opened the passenger side door for her.

"Thank you, Zach and yes, lets go." She answers, getting in as I drive us back to the field.

*school field*

"Okay, Dempsey!"

"What took you so long?"

"Uh, Sorry coach. It won't happen again."

"Good, Now get back on that bench."

"Yes, Coach." I obeyed as I watched Hannah put on her hoodie and sat down in the bench with a crowd of everyone including my mother and little sister May.

"Mom, What are you doing here, We're not staying for the game." I told them.

Before I was waiting for the game to start, My mom then disagree and we were having a conversation about Bryce's case which was a bit of shock and despicable once she said she believes Bryce's innocent.

"Okay, We have to go now." I told her, getting up to leave.

"What do you mean by 'W--" My mom gets cut off when watching me gently grabbed a curly brown-haired girl who came to me as May and I head to my car, leaving my mom.

As I was driving us to my house, I cranked up the radio that was playing "I Have Question" by Camila Cabello

"Hey, You okay, Zach? I mean, I thought we were gonna watched you guys play." Hannah said in concern.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry about that guys, but it j--j--uh--.."

"It has to do with Mom, isn't it?" May cut in as I just ignored her, but silently nodded.

"Uh—Yeah, and about the court." I just nod, feeling like there's no reason for me to explain myself.

While the song was playing, I was quietly singing along to the words.

"Haha, Zach! You should really be a singer someday." Maya tease.

"Do you care, do you care?
Why don't you care?
I gave you all of me
My blood, my sweat, my heart, and my tears
Why don't you care, why don't you care?
I was there, I was there, when no one was
Now you're gone, and I'm here" I sang.

While May and I were singing along to Camila Cabello "I Have Questions", Hannah was like giggling and videotaping us for a bit before she joined in til..this part comes in.

"I have questions for you
Number one, tell me who you think you are
You got some nerve trying to tear my faith apart
(I have questions for you)
Number two, why would you try and play me for a fool?
I should have never ever ever trusted you (I have questions)
Number three, why weren't you
Who you swore that you would be?
I have questions, I got questions haunting me
I have qu—"

I immediately noticed that Hannah was clearly bothered about something and by something, I'm thinking, Was it the lyrics? like is that her relatable way of saying how she feels about this, about talking to me again? Like I thought she already knows that I didn't intentionally mean to hurt her? I lowered the volume a bit and I looked at her for a minute.

"Are you sure, Hannah?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine, Zach." She insisted.

"Okay, But i--"

"I'm okay, Zach, really." She repeated, convincingly.

*my house*

"Thanks for the ride, Zach."

"Yea, It's fine, I'll be back once I get Hannah home."

"Okay. It was really nice to meet you, Hannah."

"Yea you too. Bye, May."

"Bye, you guys."

*at Hannah's home*

Once we got to Hannah's house, I walked her to the doorsteps.

"Thanks for the ride, Zach." She said, turning the door knob to get in. As she was bout to enter, I gently grabbed her hand.

"WW--Wait, H--Hannah..." I called out.

"Yes?" She reply, facing me.

"Okay, I know you said you're fi-"

"And, I am, Zach." Hannah interrupted.

"Yea, And i believe you. B--B--..But if you're not.." I paused, taking both her hands as we looked at each other in the eye. "Know that you can tell me, okay?" I continued, smiling a bit.

"I will and again, thank you for caring." She said, smiling back like if she understood.

"My pleasure, Hannah." I replied, hugged and waved 'bye' to her and went home.