Chapter 2

It's been 10 years since my parents left me at Aunt Mary's and I love it here. I've started painting and over the years I've gotten quite good at it, Aunt Mary thinks so as well because whenever I finish one she puts it somewhere around the house, and since I am always painting and she does this every time there isn't much wall space left.

My parents haven't written or visited or anything in the last 10 years, but I don't mind. As I've gotten older I realised how bad of people they truly were.

It was a normal morning in Mary's house, well I thought it was. Mary seemed fidgety and had a worried look on her face.

Are you ok Mary? I wrote down and asked her

"Yes yes fine dear, why?" She rushes.

You've just been acting odd today I explain to her.

She sighs and looks down sadly, "Victoria, something might happen to me soon, and if it does I want you to see an old friend of mine called Miss Peregrine, you will live with her and she will take good care of you."

I don't understand Mary, why would something happen to you and why would I go to her?

"My dear you are something we call peculiar, that's why only the dead can hear you. I am peculiar too but not the same as you, I can kind of see into the future" She then explained all this stuff to me, how people like us had to hide in things called loops cause hollows and wights were trying to get us, well she explained it a lot better than that but you get it. It all seemed so fake but somehow made so much sense. "Now if something does happen to me I want you to get the box underneath my bed and go to Miss Peregrines." I nodded sadly, "good, now let's have some tea" and just like that her mood changed.

It's been a week since we had that talk and we haven't talked about it since and she's been acting normal and like nothing happened. So since she was acting like that I decided it'd be best for me to do that too. But then Aunt Mary was murdered.

A/n: This chapter is so short I'm sorry, I really couldn't be bothered explaining all the peculiar stuff in detail because I'm sure you're familiar with it if you're reading this

- S