The Savior (Editing)

Junyong is currently sitting at his office cubicle; typing away at his computer while sipping his delicious cup of hot coffee once in a while, so his mind won't fall asleep in the middle of him working on the story assignment that's due in an hour before his shift ends for the day. His eyes are glued to his computer that he fails to notice his boss, Rina, approaching his desk from behind. Rina smiles fondly as she watches him work so passionately while she waits patiently for him to finish, knowing fully well that Junyong will finish in just a couple of minutes.

"Finally done," Junyong cheers happily to himself as he immediately sends the file to the Sports' Editor. He sighs in relief as he turns his swirling chair around to grab a folder behind him when he notices his boss standing at the opening of his office cubicle that serves as the entrance and the exit to the said cubicle. Immediately, he gets up from his seat to bow his head as a professional greeting. "Sorry, I didn't realize you were there."

"Didn't want to interrupt your work," Rina shakes her head with a fond smile as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Junyong asks, noticing that she's holding three manila folders filled with a bunch of papers.

"Yes, if you don't mind taking this discussion to my office."

Immediately, Junyong grabs his notebook and pen out of habit to take notes as he follows his boss to her office; knowing very well that it's something really huge if the boss wishes to discuss it with him in her private office. It's obviously a huge story assignment if Junyong had to guess.

The moment they enter her office, she didn't waste time to lock her private office door; this makes Junyong frown hard, because Rina hardly locks her door unless she doesn't want anyone to intrude in what they're about to discuss. They both take a seat at her desk as she hands him the first file that's labelled 'Dr. Hwang'. Junyong opens it curiously and his eyes narrows in confusion when he's greeted by a newspaper article that was cut out to show only one article while the said article is resting on top of other papers. His eyes skim through the news article title that reads, "DR. HWANG PROPOSES FIRST PROJECT SUPERHUMAN". Then, he proceeds to read the lead sentence out loud:

"After the discovery of some male superhuman, Dr. Hwang proposes his new project called Project Superhuman in hopes to educate the young superhuman of their powers and learn to control it, so they could use their abilities to protect the Earth."

"What is this all about, Rina?" Junyong blinks in pure confusion, clearly not understanding what he just read as he finally looks at Rina, who was studying his facial expression the entire time. Sighing, she points at the folder as she explains the article carefully.

"Nearly two decades ago, four young boys were discovered as what people refers to them as superhuman. Each boy possesses one of these four elemental powers: water, earth, fire, and air. Basically, Dr. Hwang, who's like one of the best doctors, proposes this project to help educate the four superhuman about their powers, so they don't become a destructive threat to the government and the citizens. What makes it sadder is that the boys were young kids barely starting elementary school when they learned about their powers."

"Wait, so what you're telling me is that there are four boys that have... elemental powers?!" Junyong exclaims in pure shock. To his disbelief, Rina nods her head seriously. "That's impossible. There's no way, Rina."

"But there's evidence, Junyong, which is what all of these are," Rina states, gesturing to the rest of the manila files.

"Okay, cool. So, we have discovered humans with super powers, but why are you telling me this? 'Cause it sounds to me like Dr. Hwang is a great guy that helped these boys with their identities."