Why

Zion POV

I was sleeping when I heard singing, who's singing I said to myself as I opened my eyes and stretched still laying in bed. I sat up and bummed my face after thinking about what happened yesterday. I was still sitting in bed when I grabbed my phone to see if I had any replies by Y/n.

Z: Anddd none.

I said to myself as I threw my phone on my pillow, I got of my bed and walked to the bathroom. I lumped inside and looked at myself in the mirror. I brushed my teeth and showered. Once I changed, I walked downstairs and sat down on the table.

N: Hi Zion how you holding up.

Nick said from the back.

Z: Could be better.

I replied looking at him.

N: So, considering the way you answered my question you haven't talked to Y/n.

Z: Ding ding ding you are correct.

I said sarcastically.

N: Ok ok, I was trying to be nice.

Z: I know man I'm sorry I'm just annoyed and upset.

N: At Y/n or Lizzy.

Z: Lizzy because she freaking lied and I'm sad because Y/n and I aren't together anymore.

N: Well let me just make this clear for you, you actually don't know if Lizzy lied also you and Y/n weren't really dating, you were kind of like friends with benefits.

He said as I looked down and realized he was right.

N: I know you wanted to be official with her but you can't fix anything until you don't know the truth yourself. And if what Lizzy said is true. Y/n did you a favour by leaving before things got harder and the relationship got stronger.

He said as I agreed.

Z: Man when did you get so smart at this stuff.

I said as Nick laughed and I also laughed a little.

N: Nahh man it's just me helping out a friend. But thanks.

He said as we ate breakfast and watched some TV. After eating I decided I should call Lizzy and learn the truth, then fix things with Y/n. I walked into my room and texted Lizzy to come over so we can talk. She agreed and I patiently waited.

*About an hour later*

I was sitting on my couch scrolling through phone when the bell rang. I walked to my door and there she stood man I despised this girl.

L: Zion babe. You finally come around to me.

She said as she hugged me but I didn't hug back.

Z: Come in.

I said as I gestured her to the couch. Once she sat down, I sat in front of her.

L: Sooo, how are you.

She asked smiling.

Z: Cut the bs Lizzy you know why I called you here. You showed up at Y/n's diner and told her random things about me about us.

I said annoyed.

L: Zion I did not lie. We love each other.

She said as she walked up and sat next to me.

Z: No I don't love you, I liked you a year ago we dated for like 3 months and then broke up because you cheated on me. And now a year later you come back into my life and mess up what I have with Y/n.

I said as I moved further from her.

L: But, I messed up and I needed you back.

Z: But I don't want you, also I never gave you a promise ring and how can expect a child when we broke up a couple of moths ago. Tell me that's a lie.

L: Okay look, yeah I lied. I'm not expecting a child. But when I heard that you were moving on I just, ugh I was hurt and wanted you back. I made a mistake by cheating and lying. So I created this idea and told it to her. She was pretty easy to convince; I know this is kind of weird but she's actually a nice girl.

When she said that I was sad and angry. How could Lizzy do this me.

Z: Whatever, but I don't feel anything for you anymore and I kind of love Y/n.

L: Ughhhhh, why Zion.

She yelled.

Z: I need you to come over tomorrow and tell Y/n the truth.

L: No.

She said.

Z: Yes you will. Now you can leave; because it's funny how you think I will get back together with a lier, and cheater. Just go.

I said as she made an annoyed face and walked out my house. Once she was gone I decided to call Y/n and tell her to come over tomorrow hopefully she picks up her phone and agrees.

Phone Call with Y/n

I dialled Y/n's number at first she didn't pick up but then I waited and about two minutes later she picked up her phone.

Z: Hello Y/n.

I said as she replied.

Y/n: Hey Zion.

She said and I smiled I couldn't really tell her tone but continued.

Z: Look, I hope you heard my voicemail yesterday-

Y/n: I did-

She said as cut me off.

Z: Yeah, so I was wondering if you can come over tomorrow.

I said as I slightly bit my lip nervously.

Y/n: Zion, I don't know what part of we can't be together you don't understand. Like I told you yesterday that I like you a lot but it is best if you were with that girl. Ok I can't deal with relationship drama.

She said as I was sad.

Z: Y/n, just give me one chance. Please come over tomorrow.

I said as it was silent.

Y/n: I'll have to see. Bye.

Z: Bye.

I said as the call ended and I lightly smiled. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow.