friday night lights (cont.)

Benji's POV:

I choose my words carefully.

"I don't know if I can say that I love someone that I've only known for a week. So, no I don't love you."

Jorge tenses up in my arms.

"But I do know that, ever since I met you, I've lived you. You're all I'm able to think about. Your eyes and your hair-" I pause when I realize I'm rambling.

"B- But... Addy?" Jey Jey's voice trembles.

I pull him closer into my lap.

"I only started dating Addy because I was trying to distract myself from you. I'm not exactly out yet, and all of these feelings I have for you... I didn't know what to do with them." I confess, as Jey Jey's frown turns into a grin.

He looks down at his lap and then pulls my face up to his. "I'll show you what to do with them."

He leans into me and our lips touch. I've waited so long for this. I hear a creak outside of the door and I don't even care. All that matters right now is the electric buzz of sweet, adrenaline love that sparks across our lips. The rush is addictive- I want more of him.

I push him down onto the bed and we continue to kiss, both of us living out our dreams. But when I put a hand on his chest, Jey Jey pulls away from me.

"It's just," he hesitates, "Addy..."

"I don't even like her, though." I argue, missing the feeling of Jorge's lips on mine.

"No, Benji. It's reckless." Jorge sighs.

He's right. I went ahead of myself. I need to let Addy down slowly. I look longingly at Jorge's perfect face.

"And besides, if we are ever together," Jorge pauses, playing with his fingers, "you would have to come out."

His point hits me hard. I was so swept up in my feelings for him, I forgot the reality of the situation.

"You could be my secret."

"Would it be that way forever?"

"I hope not."

Jorge's POV:

After the kiss in the guest room, I know I can't be alone with Benji anymore. Not until he cuts ties with Addy. My guilt is enormous.

We return to the party downstairs, where it is loud and sweaty. I walk into the living room with Benji, and we find Addy, Caleb, Cayman, and Antonio on the couches.

Cayman's eyes dart from Addy, to Benji, to me. Something about the look in his eyes puts me on edge.

"We were just about to play truth or dare!" Addy smiles, waving us over.

Benji and I join the circle, hesitantly.

"Truth or Dare?" Antonio asks Cayman.

"Dare." He responds, flatly.

Antonio gets up and grabs a beer from the cooler nearby.

"Chug." She grins.

He smirks and grabs the beer. I'm nauseous just watching him guzzle down all of that at once.

He sets the empty beer bottle down, taking a moment to breathe.

"Benji,"

Cayman's alcohol tainted breath wafts into our faces as a devilish grin crosses his face.

"Truth or dare?"

Benji hesitates.

"Truth."

The smile that was spread across Cayman's lips widens.

"What were you and your gay lover doing upstairs in the guest room?" He motions toward me.

Time slows. The music is so loud it drowns out any coherent thought my panicked brain could've formulated. My vision temporarily goes black with fear as a burst of adrenaline rushes into my brain.

"Jorge just needed to get away from the noise. We're not gay."

Hazy memories of the guest room fill my brain as the music fades into the background of my subconscious.

Wrapped in his arms.

"I'll protect you,"

Soft skin against mine.

"I live you"

Lips touching.

"You could be my secret."

"Face it Benji. I heard you in there. Quit lying to your girlfriend. If you could even call her that." Cayman snarls.

Addy's eyes widen, her confused gaze flickering from Benji and then to me.

"B- Benji?" She stutters in disbelief.

"Addy- It wasn't supposed to-" Benji reaches out, trying to explain.

Addy tears away from him. "You- You cheated!" She yells above the beat of the music.

"No- I- We didn't even-" Benji begins, but it's too late.

Addy is running out the door, Cayman on her heels.

"Benji?" Caleb begins.

Antonio looks at us, concerned.

Benji shakes them away leaving towards the patio door.

"Benji wait-" I try to chase after him.

"Just- Just get in your own car Jorge. Please." Benji's voice cracks.

Before I can stop him, he's gone.

I shut the patio door silently. Caleb and Antonio look at me, wide eyed. I grab another beer and allow myself to be swallowed up by the noise and the people. I hope I pass out in the crowd and never have to wake up.

[sorry for the short chapter! this seemed like a more natural place to end it, rather than switch POV's for 200 words to make it to my usual 1000 mark. nonetheless, i hope you liked it!! :)

ily guysss ]