Chapter 61 Anastacia- Apr 6, 2019

Start from the beginning

    I giggle as I almost trip because of the trail at my feet. "I like it," I say looking at myself in the mirror. "But I don't think it's the one, you know? Like, I like it, but I should keep looking," I suggest.

    "If other ones don't work, definitely look at this one again because you look gorgeous," Jade says.

"I will! But look at you! You look all cute!" I hype her up and she starts covering her face.

"I've never actually worn a fancy dress. This feels different. Is this what it's like to be a girl?" She jokes and we start laughing.

"You're shining. All of you guys are," I say looking around at the girls.

"Honestly, I'm loving this. I think this one might be the one," Naomi says, looking at herself in the mirror again.

"Take it, you look like a goddess," Esme tells her and hugs her shoulders.

"I will if you get yours. It's glamorous!" Naomi tells her.

"Well, I'm going to change. I'll strip the store till I find my dress," I tease and walk back inside the dressing room.

I strip down and go back into my regular clothes. I walk out the rooms and start to roam the store. I run my fingers through sheer fabrics and find different styles, different textures, and different designs. So many colors, so many options. Well, what makes it easier is knowing I don't have to worry about matching with someone, unless...

"I'm worried that Freddie is going to pull some random shit and come in an 80's suit with ruby bedazzled shoes," I hear Jade's voice behind me.

I giggle. "He might pull out a rabbit from the top box hat he's going to wear."

Fear explodes into her eyes and I burst into laughter. "I'm kidding! He wouldn't do that!"

"I'm scared of what you said because I feel like he would do something like that!" She says and my laughter becomes louder.

"Are you going with Luis?" She asks once she calms down.

I feel my face become sour and I shake my head no. "No, we broke up a few months ago,"  mention.

"Oh?" She asks, surprised. "Why? If you don't mind asking,"

"Because boys are stupid," I blurt, and she snorts.

"I live with two, I can agree with that," she says and I laugh. "But can I ask something?"

I nod. "Does it have anything to do with Zamari?"

My fingers tighten around a dress. I feel my cheeks get warm and I chuckle. "Well, we didn't break up because of him. The asshat cheated on me and had a ton of trust issues, so not really," I shrug.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry," she says, voice getting sympathetic.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't meant to be and it was going to happen sooner or later," I mention and start looking through the dresses again.

"That's fair. But do you have any feelings for Zam, though?" She asks. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She starts after realizing what she asked me.

I start laughing, but I turn to her and shrug. "I mean you don't feel weird listening to details about your brother?" I ask.

"I mean, yes," she blurts. "But I can pretend he isn't for a while."

I snort. "Well, if you want to know, yeah I kinda like him. But don't tell him!" I say pointing my finger at him.

"I won't!" She promises.

"I didn't think I did, but after being forced together every day for the past eightish months, I've been seeing him a bit differently," I pause. "I mean he's annoying and all, but I can't imagine not being around him anymore." She laughs out loud but gives me a smile.

"Yeah, he is annoying. If you want him you can have him. I'll finally get the dog that I've always wanted," she jokes and I snort. "All I'm going to say is to be careful with him. He's a great guy, but he does have his moments. I should know, I've known him for 18 years."

"What do you mean to be careful with him?" I raise an eyebrow.

She chuckles. "Nothing bad, Ana. It's not that serious. I'm just talking about his issues with our dad and him being overprotective with Amari and mom. And his jokes cuz sometimes he takes it too far." She says while looking at another dress.

    I nod. I take a deep breath knowing I tend to overreact.

    "Hey, look at this dress," she says and pushes a dress out the way.

    I walk over to her take a peek at the dress that's stuffed between the fabric. My eyes widen and my jaw drops.

    "That's the one," I say with a smile.