Redecorating

You were so pumped to be redecorating your apartment ever since you left for college. You were even more excited your lovely best friend Josh Kiszka was helping you move in, and stay with you for the next week. You had bought some light blue paint for the room, Josh had moved the furniture to one side of the room and laid down a painters tarp. you went to change into something comfier and that you didn't care if paint got on them. Josh was wearing short red shorts long socks and a white tank-top, he looked so good. You have had the biggest crush on Josh ever since you were 10 and met him in the 5th grade. You were close to all the Kiszkas and Danny but Josh was undoubtedly your favorite and everyone knew. His mom would joke that you guys were going to get married one day, he would always just laugh and profusely say no, You would just blush. When you rounded the corner Josh put on some music and danced towards you.

"What's up, you ready to paint or what?"

"As I'll ever be" you laughed he reached around you his hand brushed past your hip to grab the bucket of paint you felt chills through his whole body. You grabbed the brushes and followed him to the wall. John Denver was playing in the background as you guys started to paint. The next song that came on was Carol King- You've Got a Friend started to play you started to sing and Josh stopped painting looking at you. You turned and directed the lyrics towards him.

"You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend"

he just smiled up at you, he always loved listening to you sing as the song came to an end he spoke

"Wow Doll, listening to you sing will never get old" he said with bright eyes

"I do what I can Joshy"

"I wonder why Jake didn't drag you out to be the lead singer of the band"

"I never sing to Jake" you said giggling

"Is that so" he questioned walking towards you. He got close took and looked in your eyes. He broke out into a smirk and brought his paintbrush up to your face and dragged it down your cheek. He started to laugh as a shocked expression was plastered on your face you brought your paint brush up and brushed it across his from one cheek to the other. you then started to giggle. He then dipped his hands in the paint a rubbed them down your shirt you guys were now having a full on paint war. The laughter filled the apartment as you guys continued going at it when you tripped and fell on the ground Josh got down and pinned your arms and started to tickle you were losing it. He was staring at you with a different kind of look in his eye his hand stopped tickling you. He slowly started to lean in but just before he connected his lips with yours he stopped, you grabbed the back of his neck pulling him towards you connecting your lips. he deepened the kiss and rolled so you were on top of him when you came up for air he just looked at you and smiled.

"I have wanted to do that for fucking ever love" he said softly

"Me too Joshy, me too" you said smiling reconnecting your lips.