Chapter XXX: Perfect

Sitting in the courtroom a few weeks later felt so eerie

It was like walking through a dream.

Have you ever had one of those dreams where everything feels so heavy and muddy? Then, you wake up and everything still feels all heavy and muddy?

That's how I currently feel.

There was also this feeling that I was picking up from some of those around me that this was a scene that had already occurred before and one that never wanted to be repeated again.

After answering all of the L.A. detectives questions the first time, Haven and I met with them and the two prosecutors for the trial several more times as they prepped Andrew for extradition back to Newcastle upon Tyne from Los Angeles.

Eight weeks after what Andrew did and five weeks after the completed extradition, here we were: Andrew on the left side of the court room and Haven on the right side, both facing a judge and a jury.

Andrew got slammed with the charges of breaking and entering, assault, battery, attempted rape, two counts of endangerment of a child, and two counts of murder.

Yes, he was facing the two counts of endangerment and two counts of murder for what he did to the two fetuses.

If you're wondering, Helena is facing several aiding and abetting charges for what she did.

The A.D.A. who took the bribe from Helena had not only gotten disbarred but was facing some charges that involved the bribe. He had already been convicted but that was something we didn't need to be there for.

The most important thing to me though was Haven.

I was unbelievably proud of Haven.

She stood up and in a voice that was free of any waver, told the jury everything that had happened that night in her apartment. When she talked about losing the fetuses was the only time her voice wavered. At one point, she put her head down so she didn't burst out crying.

Dylan and Ryan got up and talked about finding her.

Haven's dad got up and talked about how he felt about the fetuses.