Ch. 29: The Last Day, At Last (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Another swipe, much more fierce than the last one. I still evaded it. "Shut up!"

I smirked. A sore spot. "What? Childhood a little too hard to let go of?"

"I SAID SHUT UP, YOU (GOSH DANG) BAG OF BONES!"

...That strike was much harder to avoid.

"Who's the vulgar one now?" I mocked, slightly shook up but pretending I wasn't.

She bared her teeth at me. "You don't know what vulgar is, you (censor censor cens—okay, just imagine a long string of curses)!"

I rolled my eye sockets. "Desperate much?"

Chara snarled, trying to think of a comeback but failing.

I snickered, crossing my arms. I didn't let the flames die in my eye, though. "You're as pathetic as I remember. I'm gonna kill ya so easily."

She gripped her knife until her knuckles were white, muttering curses, before seeming to realize something. A sick smile—one so terrifyingly familiar—curled on Y/N's beautiful face, making my nonexistent heart freeze.

"Be my guest, Sansy."

She leered at me, crossing her arms also.

"But I already know you won't."

I glared at her. "What are ya talkin' about?"

Y/N tilted her head, grinning at me, and pulling a lock of her hair towards me. "You wouldn't hurt your precious Y/N now, would you?"

Realization hit me like a train wreck, and my eye fire dimmed significantly. "(*blank*)," I muttered.

Y/N gave me puppy dog eyes, clasping her hands (one of which still held the shiny knife), and laying them demurely over her chest. She batted her eyelashes at me.

"You wouldn't hurt your beautiful, kind little Y/N, would you?"

I growled, gnashing my teeth. "You're sucha little (*blank*), ya know that?"

She stepped closer. "I've got you wrapped around my finger. You would never hurt the girl you love. Therefore, I kill you and escape!"

My socket twitched. "You're dead, brat."

"You can't do anything to me. You'd rather die than kill your blushing bride—I can see it in your eye sockets every time you look at her. You won't be able to—"

"I SAID YOU'RE DEAD, YOU (*BLANKING*) BRAT!"

In my fury, I let the barrage of bones I had waiting in the wings loose.

All of them missed...

Except for one, which grazed Y/N's cheek and thudded into the wall far behind her.

She stood, stunned for a moment, eyes wide.

Then she raised a hand to her cheek, pulling it away to find blood trickling down her fingers.

Y/N lifted her eyes to me. "You're either braver or stupider than I thought you were."

She grinned at me. "Oh well. It's her and your funerals."

And thus our battle began.

POV: Y/N, in the Lilac Soul

I stared miserably at the battle.