Chapter 3 - Niall's here

Zayn's P.O.V

     Last night, I woke up to Louis crying, for the second time this week and it's only Wednesday. He always has nightmares and wakes up crying. He makes me lay down with him until he falls asleep. Not like he could fall asleep without me anyways.

     Right now he's still asleep, while I'm getting ready for work. I'll wake him up before I leave to let him know that Niall's here. Niall's been my best mate since we were toddlers. We've both always watched out for Louis. Expecially when his parents got divorced and when his mum died. He's lived with me ever since. Niall lives in his own place not to far from mine and Louis' flat. He watches Louis while I'm away at work because it's not like I could leave him by himself. Who knows what Louis could accidently do if he was left by himself?  He might burn down the house trying to cook ramen noodles. Well Niall is also capable of that too but it's just not as likely.

     I finish getting ready and wait for Niall to arrive. I swear that that man has the worst timing.  I asked him to be here like twenty minutes ago. As I finish complaining, the doorbell rings.

     "Niall! Lou's still asleep, so be quiet... and he's been a bit irritable lately. Other than that he's been an angel," I inform him.

     "So like he always is?" Niall asks me.

     "No! He's just more sensitive so he's going to overreact more," I tell him. It's true though. Ever since his encounter with that guy at the library he's been acting this way.

     "So like he always is?" Niall asks again.

     "I'm going to go wake him up and then leave," I say ignoring his sass. I walk down the hall to Louis room. I open his door and take in his room. He has Power Ranger posters on his wall, and toys all along his floor. His bed is a queen and has a super hero bed set. His walls are painted a pale blue. I walk over to his bed and sit on the edge.

     "Louis, I need you to wake up now," I say, nudging him. He rolled over facing the wall with his back to me, obviously hearing me. I tickle his side and he bursts in a fit of giggles.

     "Zayn! Stop it! Tickles! Can't. Breathe," He says, not able to form an actual sentence. I stop ticking him and he sits up.

     "Come on now, I have to get to work. Niall was even more late then normal," I tell him as I stand up from his bed. He obeys and stands up and walks down the stairs with me behind him. As soon as Louis sees Niall standing in the kitchen, with some food he found, he runs and hugs him.

     "Hey man, I saw you yesterday," Niall says laughing, hugging him back.

     "I know but I missed you," Louis says in a barely audible voice.

     "I missed you too, Lou" Niall tells him, which brings a smile to Lou's face.

     "Did you really?" Louis questions the boy.

     "Course I did!" He answers, with his thick Irish accent, smiling back at him.

     "Alright guys, I have to get to work now," I chime in.

     "But-but-but do you have to?" Louis asks me, tears in his eyes.

     "Yes, I have to. Please don't cry Lou. I'll see you after I get off work.  I might even bring you a suprise if you're good to Niall," I tell him, to calm him down.

     "Okay," he says in his small voice.

     "Bye Lou, bye Ni," I say as I walk out the door to my car.