Chapter 8: Olympus Falls

For the longest of time, Percy or Aeron, stood in the sandy beach as he waited. Percy may be bloodthirsty, but he was no fool. His plan now was to kill Poseidon, thereby taking out Atlantis. With Poseidon gone, it will be easy for him to finish off Olympus without the worry of Atlantian reinforcements.

Percy was now waiting for the army that he had hired and some that Kronos had sent for reinforcements. Since the battle against Poseidon will be fought underwater, that limited Percy with only 2 other Assassins, one a daughter of Neptune and a son of Poseidon. Both are strong and capable enough Assassins on their own, add to the fact that Percy is joining the battle and you've got an unbeatable water team.

Percy snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the sounds of steel boots hitting the ground in perfect sync. Percy turned to see two full brigades of 1800 mortal and demigod marines, all of them looking fierce and determined.

Now you may be wondering why I would take mortals and demigods with me to fight underwater. The answer to that is simple. Humans have not been sitting idly by twiddling their thumbs while munching on doughnuts, they have been progressing in technology, allowing them to do stuff that normally they wouldn't be able to do like breathing underwater for a few hours or even days.

With that said, Percy was taken in by the cool looking Aqua-Heavy Assault armor that the marine mercenaries wore. It almost made Percy want a set just to have it. Percy smiled as the two brigades came to stop all together, not a sound being heard afterwards.

'My lord, Kronos has reported that the army he sent us will be arriving shortly in a couple of hours' Tesla, the female Assassin and daughter of Neptune reported with a bow next to Percy.

Aeron nodded before replying. 'That's alright. We won't really even be needing reinforcements. We shall begin our assault at once!' Percy ordered before turning his attention to the soldiers awaiting orders.

'You all know what we are here to do and what I've paid you all for. I have paid each and every one of you 50,000 dollars, help me destroy Atlantis and I shall reward all of you further! Bring me victory and I shall give you all 50 million dollars each!' Percy barked loudly for all to hear.

There was a lot of grinning and great excitement at Percy's words from the thousands of soldiers as they started cracking their knuckles in eagerness.

'Alright you lot, here's the plan!' Percy began, laying out the battle plan that was completely flawless.

After 40 minutes of getting all of the gear and heavy ordinance loaded and ready to go, the Brigades were marching towards the beach, the waves splashing against their Heavy Armor. The waves however, did nothing to stop or even slow the veteran soldiers as they made their way deeper and deeper into the water with Percy at the front.

The plan was simple yet if it worked out, they would be victorious with very few casualties. A small, almost nonexistent part of Percy dreaded killing his "father" but then he remembered his family and the life he had with them and their death and pushed his dread out of his mind.

~~~~

Nico and Thalia had been left in charge of raising an army and starting their march towards Olympus.

'So how are we getting our forces to Olympus? That damned elevator will be the end of us' Jason growled aggravated as they had been arguing the point for several hours.

'We could always flash some Infiltration Troopers inside of Olympus and create a beachhead right outside the elevator doors. Once that is done, we can begin sending in reinforcements through the elevator' Malcolm suggested.

Thalia had a look of concentration, thinking of all the things that could go wrong with that plan. 'That is smart, but the Olympians may have set up barriers around Olympus that will prevent us from flashing in Infiltration Troopers inside' Nico pointed out.