Chapter Thirty-Six: Exhaustive

Start from the beginning

He sighs again, and looks to his friend, who's watching him with a frown. So many memories, and now they were tainted with sadness. "I guess we should just... take what's important. She has a couple backpacks we can put some clothes in, I-..." he trails off, pulling a breath in between his teeth. "I don't really know what she still wears of the stuff here..." at some point he'd have to take her to clear her stuff from the dorm in Busan. He wasn't sure where things stood with that. Or if she was in a state to be able to do so. She'd cried so much over the past couple of days and he didn't want to see it anymore. He'd never felt so useless in his life.

"Well, that'd probably be useful," Namjoon says finally, pointing at the laptop that rests on the desk against the wall. "I can try and grab some other stuff that looks important but honestly... I feel a little weird about digging through your girlfriend's stuff."

That finally drags a wry smile to Seokjin's face. "You're good. Just accompanying me was enough. Thanks." He starts over to the wardrobe, to where he knew she kept her spare backpack. He can see the one she'd used for coming back from Busan in the corner, stuff still in it. Probably some clothes and the letter that was so important to her. "I feel bad for making you do this on your day off."

Joon just shakes his head, slapping his friend on the back. "It's fine. It's a shitty situation."

By the end of it all, Seokjin has packed up a few extra clothes, the laptop, the minimal picture frames from the bedside table. Ju-eun didn't seem to have a lot of stuff here. He supposed that most things that were actually important had gone to the dorm with her. But, at least, she might feel a little better to have some worldly possessions again. He hoped the photographs might make her feel a little more settled in his apartment, pictures of her and her old volleyball team, or with Yun-ji, or the others from the old school. He glances over the one left, an old picture of her and her Father. The smile on the face of the man in the photo is not one that he can picture on the Mr Oh that he's met. He chews his lip a moment, and leaves it behind. "That should do."

Namjoon picks up one backpack. "She really... doesn't have a lot of stuff."

Shaking his head, Seokjin smiles. She never really had owned a lot of things. All she really cared about was volleyball. "Most of her clothes are in Busan."

"Ah." Seokjin doesn't care if it's rude to leave without saying anything, slinging the second bag over his shoulder and heading back down the stairs. Namjoon goes and says a quick farewell to the cold woman that's still in the kitchen, while Jin goes to the car. As he passes the stairs, he hears a creak, and looks up to see a man walking into the bedroom they'd just left. Namjoon frowns, but says nothing, following his hyung to the car.

Between the two of them they decide that they should probably go get the few groceries they were short of, while they were out. Seokjin didn't want to leave Ju-eun alone for longer than necessary... but he also could tell she needed it. She was straining, forcing herself to be energetic and happy for his sake. That... and there were some things that he was sure she would need, that his and Namjoon's flat was definitely lacking. Since, well. They're men. He wasn't going to make her ask him to buy them for her, so he made up his mind to just buy whatever now, even though he didn't really know what was what.

Namjoon shows his awkwardness about buying pads a lot more obviously than Seokjin does. He fidgets, looking around, mumbling about looking like a creep. Seokjin rolls his eyes. "You shuffling around and looking so uncomfortable makes us seem more suspicious." His awkwardness is infectious, and Seokjin can feel his ears becoming red, stood in front of the display. He sighs in exasperation. "Fine! Go get the other stuff and I'll meet you at the checkout."

Namjoon doesn't need to hear anymore than that, escaping quickly with the basket. Jin rolls his eyes and turns back to the display, frowning. What was her preference? Tampons, pads, a.... cup..? He squints at the pink plastic, his eyes going wide as a thought occurred to him. Was that huge thing.... supposed to go... inside..?