Two

My parents were never strict on my me and my sister. They believed in independence and being yourself. I guess you can say my family is a bunch of hippies, which I don't mind. My dad is a silent, finding yen type of guy. He would spend hours in his room reading old books on fining yourself. I remember being told all the time that I couldn't bother him while he read. My mom was always finding new things to do together as a family, she was the only one who could get my dad away from the books. Grandma Ray had always told me stories about her days, but now that I think about it she could be completely bonkers. My Grandma Ray always insisted that I learned Latin, I never did but she always insisted. Sure I know a few words from when Grandma Ray would have her Latin rants when my mom would pull her wheelchair somewhere or when my mom didn't listen, period. My sister and I were close growing up, but as soon as middle school started we would go separate ways.

I kept thinking about my family and how different they were from other families. That's why I was worried about the situation I was in. I'm currently in Daniel's car, on my way to my house, as he listens to shitty music. We were already a hour and a half into a three hour drive. I don't know what I was thinking bringing him to my house and I mean I barely know the guy. I have never brought anyone to my house nor did I plan too unless that person was special. I mean Daniel is special in his own way but like I said I barely know the guy. I can already think of my parents reactions: my mom will get overly excited with millions of questions, my dad will bow in front of him with his hands intertwined (giving him a hug afterwards), my sister wouldn't know what to do but judge, but my Grandma Ray will always be unpredictable.

"So is there anything I should know about your family, or the town you live in?" I finally turn to look at Daniel after an hour of staring out the window.

"Uhm, my family can be different and a little wild I would say." I honestly didn't know how to describe anything that happened at my home. "It's a very open to anything type of house. I haven't even told them I was coming."

"You haven't told them? What if they're not home?"

"I have a key. Its just nice being home instead of the city sometimes." Daniel's music kept vibrating through my ears. I wanted so badly to turn it off and just stay in silence rather then this nonsense.

I hadn't realized we stopped talking and the music shut off until I started recognizing some landmarks. I gave a soft smile and my heart was pumping fast. I sat up in my seat fast, taking off the seatbelt. I was smiling ear to ear and more excited then ever.

"Make a left! Make a Left!" I said tapping his arm with excitement. He made a left and looked confused.

"The GPS said right in a couple of meters?"

"I want to go somewhere I haven't been in a while!" I was so excited, I had completely forgot about this spot until I started thinking back to my middle school and beginning of high school years. "Stop the car!" And right on signal he did as told, pulling the car over to a stop. I quickly climbed out the car and gestured for him to follow.

"Are we walking in the woods?" Daniel complained, his eyes were soft and easy.

"Awe come on big baby." We were both surprised at what I had said, was I warming up to him?

We had walked maybe five minutes into the woods, I kept looking back to see if he was keeping up and he was. Then finally I had seen it, from a distance, I smile. It was an abandoned house from years before my time. There were no neighbors or any thing special around it. I had cleaned it up a bit as a kid, but it seems that it only got more dirty. I walk up the porch steps awing at the place. There was an old green chair by the tan door. I opened the door and started to creep inside, only to be startled by a cough behind me.