"Flashback" (Part 2)

I woke up with my brother beside me.How I wish that mom was here too.Ohh shit! MOM ! I have to visit her.I wish she's already fine.James was sleeping peacefully,I try to wake him up but he doesn't wake up.

"James,wake up.We have to visit mom at the hospital." I wake him up carefully.

"Okay.How about dad?." He stirred, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his hands.

"He's not coming with us. C'mon before mom gets worried." I said.

We quickly took a bath and went to Holmes Chapel Hospital.I didn't notice dad since we went here.Maybe he's outside getting drunk,hooking up with his mistress.Who knows?.

When we approach the information table,the nurse asked.

"Name of the patient?"

"Karla Woodski."

"Oh.She's at the room 301.Thirdfloor.First room on the right."

"Thanks."

We walked through the white tiles of the hospital.I'm getting nervous.I hope my mom is alright.James was smiling while we were walking,I wished he can understand everything.I will do anything just to protect them: my mom and James.

When we found the room mom is assigned, we carefully opened the door.We found her laying on a big hospital bed.Eyes close. Tubes are connected on her arms,chest and oxygen hose inside of her nose.I want to cry because of the sight, but I have to be strong for James.He can't see me cry or else he'll cry too.He ran towards mom and hugged her tight.

"Mom wake up!.We have to play chess.Please mom wake up.Jane said we will buy a new house?.Oh mom I'm so excited.Are you okay mom?.Why aren't you answering meeeee?."He is whining.That's so adorable of him.

"James,I think mom needs some rest.He's tired remember ?.Sooner or later she'll wake up and we will go home, okay?."

" But...she needs to wake up now....we nee-"

" James,she's tired.She needs some sleep.Do you want mom to get tired ? "I asked, rubbing his back gently.

"No." He pouts.

"Then we should give her time to sleep."

"Okay." He sighed, finally giving up.

After an hour of waiting,the doctor entered on the room with unreadable expression.

" Jane Woodski ? " he asked, looking on his clipboard.

"That's me." I stood up and walked towards the doctor.

"May I talk to you for a minute?."

"Yeah.Let's go outside yeah?"

"Okay. " we then went outside. He looked stressed like most doctors do, but this is serious, maybe like life and death? He turned to face me and frowned.

"It's about your mom.She is suffering from Stage 4 Breast Cancer.There's no way to cure cancer as you know. Anyway, we still offer chemotherapy and such. We can prolong her lifetime by doing so." He continued blabbering about his doctor things, but I didn't listen as I was picturing a life without mom. What would James think of this? That I let our mom die? No, this is just a big no.

"But when her body stops taking the drugs, that's the time when we should probably start saying our goodbyes."

"No." I snapped at him, "no one's gonna say goodbye. She is not going to die. You'll do your best to keep her alive, okay?" I asked desperately.

"That's my job, Ms.Woodski."

"Good."

He then went away. I stood on my ground, not knowing what to think of anything. I just stood here, practically staring at nothing. Fuck this.

I ran to the restroom, fixing myself. I didn't notice that there were tears flowing from my eyes as I stare at my reflection. I look pathetic. God, I feel pathetic.

I shouldn't cry. Mom is not going to die. Not until her 90's maybe.

I wiped the moisture from my eyes using my shirtsleeves. I need to be strong. Maybe not for my self, but for my brother whom I know will need me anytime soon.

I know she can,and she will survive.

--------------------<<<-------------------->>>--------------------<<<------------------->>>--------------------<<<

(A/N: Hi guys!!!!! New chapter hope you guys like it...I love you all !

-Rachel H. Xx