Chapter 2: The Divine Temple

After entering the light, I see a beautiful woman standing in front of me and Pit. She looks ten years older and taller than us. She has green eyes and long green hair that reaches down to her lower legs. She is wearing a simple-looking white dress with numerous gold ornaments to accommodate it and wears a gold laurel crown on top of her head. I realize that the woman standing in front of me is the Goddess of Light, Palutena.

"This is the girl who has the ivory key." Pit tells the goddess.

He bows to the goddess. To show my respect, I do the same. Palutena smiles after I bow to her.

"There's no need to bow to me." She giggles. "What is your name?"

Embarrassed, I stop bowing.

"My name is (Y/N)". I introduce myself nervously to the goddess.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)". She kindly greeted.

Still, I am confused to what is going on. Pit says that I have the ivory key, but the last time I touched it, it disappeared on me. Moreover, I don't understand why I was brought here. Did I do something wrong? Did I get into serious trouble? What is going on? More questions stir in my mind. Palutena notices my confusion and walks towards me.

"From the confused look at your face, it seems that you want to know what is going on. Allow me to explain. The moment when you touched the ivory key, it became molecularly scattered and transferred into your heart."

"My heart?" I repeat in surprise.

I touch my chest to feel anything unusual inside my heart, but it is pumping normally. Even though nothing weird is going on in my heart, I'm panicking in fear, that I may be harmed with that key inside eventually.

"Am I going to die with that key inside?" I asked

"No, nothing will ever happen to your body."

"How did that key go inside me?"

"The ivory key is very reactive to mortals. Because you are a human, it reacted to your touch and now it stays in your heart forever."

"Forever?"

"There are two solutions. You must find the three divine rings: the ring of light, the ring of balance, and the ring of darkness. When you put all three of them in your fingers, the key will be released. The second option is death, but I know you wouldn't pick the latter option."

"Is that why Hades wants to kill me?"

"Yes. He invaded your home just to find the key hidden in that cave. A long time ago, the God of Dreams, Oneiro, has two gates, the Gate of Horns and the Gate of Ivory. The Gate of Horns is a gate to reality and the Gate of Ivory is a gate to disrupt reality. There were multiple occasions where many gods try to open the Gate of Ivory because the gate can replace the real world into an illusioned world. That means that anyone who enters the gate can change what type of world they want to replace with our world. Hades wants the key to unlock the gate because he wants to take over the Overworld and use the humans for their souls. Because of this, Oneiro prevents him from entering by locking the gate with that key and hid it in the cave for many centuries. And now that the key is inside your heart, Hades wants is going after you."

"That won't be a problem to you, (Y/N)." Pit encourages me. "You don't have to worry about encountering the Overworld Army. You can stay protected in the temple with Lady Palutena while I will find the rings for you."

"It's not that simple, Pit". Palutena disagrees. "The rings are holographic and you won't be able to touch it. Only the person with the ivory key has access to obtain it. That means you have to take (Y/N) with you."