11

I rolled over to Hero's bare chest. It scared me at first, until I remembered the events that lead to him being in bed with me.

My stupidity, self pity and overall shitty luck at any and everything in my life. And I'd involved him yet again. Here he was, lying next to me comfortably half naked.

"You're enough drama without a back story."  The words he had once spat at me ran across my mind and suddenly I wanted to cry again.

He must've taken off his sweatshirt sometime in the middle of the night. Probably because it was hot laying in a twin bed with another human practically on top of you. His eyes were still closed and he had his arm tucked behind his head. He looked so peaceful. Yet, I still felt bad for making him stay.

After a moment of internal debate, I rested my hand awkwardly on his chest.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." His accent was thick while his voice raspy from sleep.

I rolled my eyes and removed my hand, but he only grabbed it and held it to his chest again.

Butterflies churned in my stomach at his small gesture and I felt my body relax into his as he spoke softly. "I could sleep forever on these beds."

I laughed under my breath but said nothing in return. All I could think about was him. Why he was here with me right now, why he stayed?

Why he defended me instead of his roommate and possibly best friend? Would he forgive me if Sam never spoke to him because of this? Would Sam even do that?

No.

Sam isn't that guy.

"Come to London with me." Hero's voice made me jump from my thoughts.

I was barely able to process his words over the butterflies churning uncontrollably in my stomach. Why was he asking me this?

"What?" I choked out.

"Have you got a passport?" His eyes were still shut, my hand still held in his on his chest.

"Yes. But I can't just go to London with you."

"Why not?"

Had Sam told him about my family? Did he feel sorry for me that I wouldn't have anywhere to go for the holidays?

"We barely know each other?" It came out more like a question that I had initially intended. He'd think I'm fishing for excuses.

"So?" He opened his eyes and glanced at me without moving his head. My cheeks were hot from staring at him, "Our entire relationship is based on keeping secrets and lying. It'd be perfect, and you get a free vacation. You deserve one."

He shifted slightly and closed his eyes once more as the hand that was behind his head wrapped around my back, pulling me tighter into him.

"Just think about it. I'm going back to sleep."

"We have classes, we can't go to back to sleep."

He sat up and reach over me, turning the lamp on the nightstand off, ignoring my words.

"Hero." I nagged.

"Leave a message after the beep." He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes waiting for him to sarcastically leave me with a beeping sound before falling asleep.

"I don't hear one." I retorted.

"That means don't leave one. Goodnight."

Pushing the covers off of us, I tried to release myself from his grasp. He only held me tighter with a smug grin on his face.