Chapter Four

Wow I am so sorry this took so long. It's slightly longer than my other chapters though. I hope you like it and feel free to comment.

THE NEXT DAY

Aiden

          I had to work early the next morning, I dreamt of the mystery man, again. I guess I could use his name now. I mean he did tell me his name.

I also told him my name. OH MY GOD! I told a crazy gang leader that believes in werewolves my name. How could I be so stupid? He could come find me and kill me. I guess he could have already killed me by now, he know what I look like, he's found me more than once. He's had many opportunities.

It's been a long day at work. I've been putting books on shelves all day. The store has been pretty empty. There have only been a few people roaming the isles.

A familiar-ish looking girl walked up to me with a smile on her face. I couldn't seem to figure out where I've seen her before. I know I've seen her before though.

"Hi. Can I help you with something?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah. I'm looking for a book." She said. I looked at her with a duh look, I mean we are in a bookstore. 

"Uh okay. Does this book have a name? Or could you possibly tell me what it's about?" I asked.

"Oh, uh yeah. I forgot that part. It's about um, a band." She stumbled over her words like she was coming up with the story on the spot. In any other situation like this I would have probably just walked away but I kind of wanted to see where she was going with this, and this was my job I couldn't just ignore her.

"Okay is this like a biography on a band, or is it like a fictional book about a band? I've read mostly all of them in her so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one you're looking for." I said trying to be as professional as possible.

"Um it's a biography type of book. It's All Time Low." She said, like she finally figured out where she was going with her story.

"Oh All Time Low! There's one here that I've read many times. I know exactly where it is. Follow me." We walked over to where all of the non-fiction biography type books would be and I started searching. It didn't take long, I put up all the books so I should know where I place all of them.

"So you like All Time Low?" she asked as I handed her the book.

"Yeah they are one of my favorite bands."

"If you like them go down to Shellies down town, ever so often they have a punk pop night. It's mostly just locals, sometimes big bands. My band plays there sometimes, you should go check it out." She said, she seemed comfortable, like she could talk for hours.

"You're in a band? What the name of it?" I love music, it's even above reading.

"Yeah, we're called 'All Along'. You should come to a show sometime."

"Yeah, definitely. I love to." I said. It was kind of exciting to know someone in a band. I've always wanted a friend in a band.

I would say I want to be in a band but I'm tone deaf. I can't sing or play instruments.

"Here put you're number in my phone and I will text you next time we have a show." She said taking her phone out of her bag.

I took it from her and saved my number.

"Well I guess I should get going. My brother is waiting on me. Oh, my name is Lily by the way. I never introduced myself."

"It's cool. I'm Aiden."

LILY

I got out to my car and Landon was standing at my driver side door.  "So how did it go? Did you talk to her?" he was way to on edge lately.

I guess I have to cut him some slack though. He's known about his mate for over a month now and still can't have her. It's driving him crazy.

I understand how it feels, not having them with you all the time. Knowing they don't feel the same about you. Whenever I first saw Jace, my mate, who is also a vampire, we were mid-fight with them. Vampire-werewolf mates are extremely uncommon, it's a once in a lifetime sort of thing.

It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if we weren't mid fight with them. They have been our rivals since they arrived here in California. They've always wanted to claim our land. I'm happy to say they have never been successful in it. It was our first actual fight with them when I found Jace.

We didn't accept each other when we found each other. We were rivals, we couldn't. I was 16 at the time; he didn't accept me until I was 18. I accepted him about a month after I saw him. I couldn't take not being with him.

We've been together for about a year now. That's only because he left home for me. He's now living with us in the pack house.

Once I got Landon calmed down we went home. It took awhile to get him slightly calm. If he's going to give her space he can't be this close to her. There is no doubt he can smell her. It's probably driving him crazy.

He's always so tense and angry, which is understandable, but he never even hangs around the pack anymore. Lately he is strictly alpha. We have pack meetings; he leads the meeting and then leaves. It's usually a barbeque sort of deal, the older generation that no longer lives in the pack house comes and we have the meeting and then hangout afterwards. He will talk in front of everyone and then he will go into his room or into the study and more than likely sulk.

It made me nervous when the pack planned to confront him yesterday. Even though they are his best friends he has a pretty bad temper and without Aiden here he has been losing it a lot more often.

They planned out their speech, and when they asked me to join in I quickly declined. There was no way I would even think about telling him he has a problem, especially when that problem was his mate. I was relieved whenever I didn't hear him completely lose his cool.

I was truly surprised when I met Aiden. She was not at all like I expected. She looked fragile, but also like you shouldn't mess with her. It was a weird vibe to get from a person. She seemed slightly shy and like she didn't get out often. She was probably one of those silent types that read books all day and listen to way too much music.

She didn't really seem like my brothers type. All the girls he has ever brought home were extremely obnoxious. They were always loud and annoying. They never were really all that smart either. They were probably easy and that's why he brought them home.

I'll be glad when she finally comes to her senses and is with my brother. She seems really nice and cool, but I just need her here to make my brother happy.