Introduction

Hello there.
This is a collection of various poems that I have written throughout my life, along with ones that will be written in the future. It'll kind of be like a diary, but with poetry.

I began writing these poems about two years ago, and ended up with almost an entire notebook full. My poems consist of topics like love, bad relationships (you might see a few from my other book, "Love, Lies, Heartbreak, Repeat"), heartbreak, growing up, depression, anxiety, friendships, family, change, finding yourself, and lots more.

I hope you'll enjoy these, maybe cry a little, laugh a little, and maybe find some of these relatable. Poetry has become a big way for me to be able to express myself these past few years, and honestly, it felt a lot less awkward than writing in diary format, like "Dear Diary, today was the worst day ever" and stuff like that. You'll notice that a lot of them are pretty short, and that's because sometimes I just like to jot down how I'm feeling in a few short lines if I don't feel like committing to an entire two page poem. There's also no specific order to these, either. So I hope you don't mind that.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this rollercoaster of a book. That's what teenage years are like, right? Ups and downs, spirals, and sometimes moving backwards. What's different about it is that the tracks can change at any time as you go on. There's also no one controlling it but you, so there's no telling where you could go. So I hope you'll take a small break from your ride to join me on mine.

Love,
Lauren