Chapter 8

Sorry for the late/short chapter! I had a minor writer's block.

_____________________

Shadow's POV

He was improving. Now all of it went down the drain.

I shook my head. The best I could hope for is that he doesn't do this before the battle, or ever again for that matter.

I heard the front door open and I looked and saw Rouge walking in.

"Hey," she says. She looks around a bit, puzzled. "Where's Sonic?"

"He's in his room," I replied. She sighed and gave a nod. He stays in his room a lot, anyway, so there were really no questions to be asked.

"He stays in his room a lot," she commented. I nod.

"Yeah. But probably less so now that we're here," I replied. Rouge murmured in agreement. We stood in silence for a moment before Rouge left for the stairs.

"I'm going to work on some more plans and maybe take a nap," she said. I nodded, not turning to face her. I heard her footsteps retreating up to the guest room and I walked to the bathroom.

It was going to take a while to clean off the bathroom, and I can't save it for later without Rouge finding out or without leaving the bathroom slightly stained.

My eyes moved to the blade that laid on the floor. I picked it up and took it outside, throwing it in a garbage bin at the side of the house.

Many thoughts were running through my head as well as questions. Questions I know I won't get much of an answer to anytime soon.

But I'm starting to wonder: is it really a good idea to give Sonic such an important and risky job during the battle? He's shown to still be very unstable. He could have killed himself! It worried me that the pressure of the meeting may have been what caused this sudden breakdown after the improvements the blue hedgehog made, seeing as he did it minutes after we returned and possibly seconds after Rouge and I had left again.

I hadn't realized that I was standing in the bathroom now. I might have wandered in here while I was thinking. I sighed and shook my head. I might as well begin to clean up before Rouge finds out. We don't need her to worry any more than she already does.

But I guess now we're back at square one.