“Stop teasing,” I gasped out, flinging my neck back to give her more access. She kissed my skin and pinched my nipple. “Oh yes!” I moaned and she chuckled. The bitch loved this. Suddenly, as if she couldn’t take it anymore, her hand crept closer to my ‘area’ and I gasped when she started rubbing me over my sopping underwear.

“Oh baby, you’re so wet,” she moaned in my ear. Our lips met again and just when I thought I was going to spill, the shrieking sound of the bell flung us apart. You should have seen how fast we moved.

“Damn it!” Truth cursed under her breath and I turned to the taps, splashing my face. I once again had to fix up my clothes.

“We have got to stop doing this,” I whispered on my way out of the bathrooms.

“I can’t help myself. You’re just too… irresistible.”

Her voice was low and sexy and I shivered. I turned to face her and she was grinning that stupid, cocky grin at me. I rolled my eyes.

“We better get to class,” I mumbled, not looking into her purple eyes for fear of being sucked in again. She chuckled.

You had better get to class,” she started walking off before turning back to me and saying, “Have fun in detention.” She winked and disappeared around the corner. I groaned at the thought of detention with my creepy teacher. Stupid Truth. I looked at my watch and saw that I was missing 10 minutes of my last period of the day. And then I had the detention. I groaned again and made my way to class. Maths.

This was really not my day.

“Why are you late?” my teacher demanded when I walked in.

“Sorry Sir, I was puking,” I grinned and sat down in my seat. I turned around, quick enough to see my teacher roll his eyes.

Eh.

“Alright class, today we are doing Trig!” Everyone groaned, including me. This was seriously not my day! Mr. Watson continued his talk, but I zoned out, thinking of Truth. Well, more her eyes than anything else. They were so mysterious; so beautiful.

*

The ringing of the bell woke me and I jumped up, startled. Crap! I was going to be late for my detention! I left the classroom and ran as fast as I could, cursing whoever made the school for building the Detention Block at the very end of the school.

Crap, crap, crap, crap.

I finally arrived, with like a minute to spare and the detention supervisor was standing outside the door, looking furious as hell.

“I’m sorry I was late. This block is quite far away from my other class and-”

“I don’t care. Just get inside.”

I frowned. Rude much! I walked inside the classroom for the first time and was disappointed to see that no one had detention today.

Typical!

I took a seat next to the window, preparing myself for the long hour and a half.

“Just stay there and don’t talk. I’ll be back when it’s time for you to go home.”

The teacher got up and left. I was flabbergasted. Is this what usually happened in a detention?

I sighed and looked out the window, daydreaming. I’m not sure how long it’d been, but everyone was gone from the school and it was getting quite late. The window was facing the oval, which was deserted right now, when suddenly, movement caught my eye. I raised my head and frowned. One of the bushes at the beginning of the oval was moving. I kept watching and to my surprise, Truth crept out. I almost shouted her name but something in her expression told me not to. I raised the window up as slowly as I could until I could finally hear her.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Truth hissed. I frowned. Who was she talking to?

“Don’t be a hypocrite. I know what you’re doing and you could get in some serious trouble.”

I looked around wildly for the sudden male voice but I couldn’t see anything.

“Could you appear, please? I’m getting tired of talking to thin air,” Truth said exasperatedly.

“Fine, but if I get caught, it’s on you.”

“I think I could live with that,” Truth replied, rolling her eyes. There was a moment of silence when suddenly, the air next to Truth started to ripple. I stared, not believing what my eyes were seeing. In just a second a tall man, with a long beard appeared. He was wearing strange robes with symbols on them and he too, had purple eyes. Maybe they were related.

Wait, how did that guy even turn invisible? It wasn’t possible!

I almost squeaked but I covered my mouth up just in time.

“Why did you tell me to meet you here?” the man said, annoyed.

“Because I didn’t want to meet at home. I’m having some… problems.”

“Oh! Like that girl isn’t a problem!”

“Leave Lake out of this,” Truth hissed, looking scary. My eyes widened, they were talking about me.

“You are making a grave mistake.”

“Do you know who you’re talking to?” Truth sneered, stepping closer to the man who seemed to cower. “Do you know what I could do to you?” The man nodded, his face turning pale. “Good, now leave. I need to be alone.” The man nodded again and suddenly disappeared.

I couldn’t believe what I’d just seen. Was I going crazy?

I continued to watch and Truth seemed to sigh, shaking her head. Without warning, she sat down and started sobbing. Oh, how I wanted to comfort her! But now, something in my brain was warning me about Truth. She wasn’t normal, that much I knew.

Truth stood up, wiping her eyes and turned around. I didn’t have time to hide so I stood there, frozen, as she saw me. Her expression was one of humiliation, fear and anger.

Fear raced through my own veins, expecting something awful to happen.

Instead, she frowned and turned away from me again. All of a sudden, I felt the room grow cold but a surge of power; so strong and magical I wanted to faint, occurred, drawing me to Truth. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her as the air around her rippled with energy. Right before my eyes, I saw her body shift and change and I watched with horror and fascination. In what seemed like hours, where Truth was once standing, was a beautiful golden bird.

I gasped as the bird appeared to look at me before flying away. I couldn’t comprehend what just happened and my vision turned blurry.

And then I fainted.