Blueberry muffins (keto diet friendly)

Ingredients:

1 cup almond flour

1 cup coconut flour

1 tsp cinnamon

¼ tsp salt

½ tsp baking soda

½ tsp cream of tartar

1 tbsp chia seeds

2 eggs

1 cup milk

¾ tsp liquid stevia

1 tsp vanilla

10 tbsp (1 ¼ sticks) salted butter, melted

2 tbsp plain unsweetened Greek yogurt

½ tsp lemon juice

1 ½ cups fresh Maine blueberries

Steps

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and chia seeds. Stir the dry ingredients to thoroughly combine them.

In a medium-sized bowl, beat two eggs. To the eggs, add milk, stevia, vanilla, melted butter, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice. Whisk these ingredients to combine.  If necessary, use a rubber spatula to cream the yogurt into the mixture to break up any large lumps.  Small lumps will work themselves into the batter once the wet and dry are combined.

Once the wet ingredients are well integrated, add the blueberries into the bowl.  Then pour the entire contents of the medium-sized bowl into the large bowl of dry ingredients.  Use a folding motion to stir the wet into the dry, being careful not to crush the blueberries.

Once the batter comes together into a thick and sticky mixture, use your hands to transfer it into a muffin tray already lined with parchment baking cups.  Fill the cup with batter and pat it to ensure that there is no empty space at the bottom as the batter will not spread during baking. If you would like your muffin to have a rounded top, add a pinch of extra batter to form a mound at the top of the muffin (the batter does not rise).

For regular-sized muffins bake for 40-45 minutes, rotating the pan at the halfway mark. For mini muffins bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan at the halfway mark. The muffins are done when the tops appear golden brown and toasted. 

Allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the pans.

Try these muffins hot out of the oven, or toasted with butter.  To store, place the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy as desired.

Thanks to the Can -do candida diet for this recipe!