Chapter 58. Game of Survival

Start from the beginning

A howl interrupted him. They stopped all at once as rooted to the spot.

Emily, horrified, raised her head to the sky. The moon that swam from behind the clouds was beautiful today, so round as if someone circled it with a compass.

Full moon.

At Hogwarts, she always counted down the days to full moon, worrying about Remus' life and mind. But the endless days spent in captivity made her forget about it.

"Run!" Olivia shouted and rushed in the opposite from the source direction. All the others were behind her.

Werewolves.

That was worse than a death sentence. That was a sentence for hope. They dared to believe they had the chance to escape.

But this was just a bad, evil joke. They've been played.

✨✨✨

Regulus apparated into Sherwood Forest with everyone else. Mother made him be there. He resisted as much as he could in all the previous years, but this time Walburga was more than persistent. She even ─ that's incredible! ─ threatened the younger and beloved son with rods. Hearing this from mother was so unthinkable and strange that Regulus didn't think twice. He put on his best hunting suit, picked up a knife presented by his father for his last birthday, and put his wand in a leather portable case.

He apparated with Bella, who appeared on the threshold of their house, hot and breathtaking. She kissed Regulus on the lips instead of a greeting when Walburga turned away, and he blushed to the tips of his fingers.

Regulus, like many teenage boys, was afraid of crazy Bellatrix, but secretly dreamed of how great it would be to lick her velvety skin... At such moments he even forgot about Narcissa-almost-Malfoy.

"Regulus?" Avery called him. "Thinking about something?"

He smiled, following the gaze of the younger Black that was attracted to Bella repeatedly. Many looked at her, but she didn't pay attention to anyone. A queen without a king.

"No, I..." Regulus lowered his head, but Avery just slapped him on the shoulder.

"It's time to join our circle, buddy. Since you have the mark," Avery winked at him. "Relax, take a tighter hold of the wand and find yourself some mud-blooded slut. They like to be fucked by people like us."

These words nauseated Regulus. If he could somehow justify the presence of the guys here, then a noticeable number of girls plunged him into shock. The girls seemed to Regulus such beautiful, pure creatures like Narcissa, that he couldn't be able to stain them with the blood and mud of this place.

"By the way, your old girlfriend will be here." Jacob invaded his thoughts. "I guess her name is Millie. Molly?"

"Emily?" Regulus guessed.

"Oh, right? Emily. What a boring name."

Avery began to whistle a stupid melody and, without paying the slightest attention to Regulus's face, went somewhere to the empty cages. Other Death Eaters and guests dispersed in the forest, pulling out their magic wands from the decorated cases, talking and laughing. The ladies changed their shoes to comfortable boots, but some remained in evening gowns, only throwing heavy fur coats on themselves, as if they were just going to take a walk through the night forest with their lovers.

Regulus stood all alone, staring ahead of him.

The wind blew, the firefly lanterns swayed from side to side along with perennial tall trees. Despaired cries, laughter, screams of horror, bestial growls and many more sounds transformed this already unfriendly place into the real hell. And Emily Parker was there. All alone.