Dallas: Day One

Jensen x Reader, Alan and Donna Ackles,

Word Count: 1365

Warnings: light Language, Nervousness,

A/N: Obviously I cannot be 100 percent accurate on his family since I do not know them. This is purely fiction, and therefor things may be incorrect, but who gives a shit, it's my writing lol

**Rough Edit- Please excuse any stray spelling/ grammar errors**

===============================================================================

 Y/N'S POV

Just as she lets go Jensen's dad comes around the corner, "There she is," he sticks his hand out, "I'm Alan. It's nice to meet you, Y/N."

I offer my hand, and try my best to act like a normal human being when I smile and return his greeting. Okay come on, Y/N, this is just like any other time you've had to meet new people. Pull it together, they are nice normal people. I mean they raised this amazing man, how awful could they be, really. Oh wow, oh that's not helping at all. Now all I want more than anything is for them to like me, and approve of me.

I'm so lost in my own little downward spiral that I barely hear Donna in the background, "Please come on in," as she turns to head for the living room.

Jensen gives me a squeeze, and a quick kiss on the forehead, "Relax, you're doing great."

He bends down and grabs my stuff to take to his room, and I give him that don't you leave me look. "Jay..."

He chuckles, "You'll be fine. I'll be right back, I promise."

I walk into the living room, my shiny baby pink painted nails already playing with the hem of my shirt. The moment I sit down on the couch, that very same hem suddenly becomes very interesting. Alan and Donna can't help but share a quiet smile. Jay's likely already given them the rundown of how this was probably going to go. Speak of the devil, there he comes around the corner. Thank god. He finds his place next me once more, and his warm hand encloses mine as he pulls it away from my shirt with a soft smile. It's comforting, but my mind still won't stop worrying about that damn video, whether they've seen it, and if they'll still approve of me after that.

"So, how's everything going with the new album release?" Alan asks, "I just love some of those songs. Y/F/N and yourself really do have a knack for songwriting."

My face blushes furiously at his compliment. "Thank you so much. Yea, everything is going great so far. People seem to be liking it, so what more can we ask for, right?"

"That's great to hear!" Donna exclaims.

A chuckle comes from Alan as he points to Jensen, "This one over here can't stop talking about how proud he is of you."

Jensen's cheeks flush, "Dad, please."

"Well, it's the truth." he says. A slight grin graces my lips at his words, and I once again join Jensen in the flushed cheeks club.

Donna stands and excuses herself, "I suppose I should go and check on dinner now."

In a split second of insane courage, my head snaps up and I ask her, "Do you need any help?" Oh wow, why did that just come out of my mouth? Don't act so stupid Y/N, you know why. Your momma raised you that way. Donna smiles and tells me that I don't have to, but that I am more than welcome to join her if I would like, so I stood and followed her into the kitchen, earning a wide toothy grin from Jensen when I look back.

"Wow! This smells great!", I tell her as we walk into the kitchen.

"Thank you, honey." Her smile is bright when she looks my way, "I hear you can hold your own in a kitchen too." My face evidently gives away my confusion, and she grins, "Jensen went on about those cookies for at least a month after Christmas."

A laugh escapes my lips as I look at her full of joy with the information she just gave me. "That's good, because if I have time I always try to bake some to bring to radio DJ's when we visit stations, so glad they're getting quality stuff." We share a laugh before I remember that it's one of the things I had to walk away from. "Unfortunately I don't get to cook or bake as often as I'd like anymore. It's one of the many things that kinda suck about being on the road all the time."

She hands me a beautiful crystal bowl, "Well, if half the things Jensen's told us are true, I think you do a very good job handling it, and Alan's right, you two definitely have a gift. There's no need to be ashamed of sharing it."

Smiling, I start cutting up vegetables for the salad, "Thank you."

Jensen's POV

Wow. Just wow. Seeing Y/N with my mom... I can't... I can't even begin to describe the feeling that welled up inside me. My dad breaks my attention to it,"Hey, whaddya say we go sit on the porch for a while?"

"Yea, Sure."

The sound of leaves rustling fills the air as we step out onto the back porch. There is a slight breeze in the air helping to alleviate some of the heat of summer in Texas. Overall, it would be hard to beat this weather. It's so good to be back home, and having her here with me only adds to it. Neither of us says a word for a while. We just sit in a comfortable silence, enjoying the day, and the time spent together. Soon I can feel his eyes on me, and he bears a slight grin as he looks on. "What?," I ask, having a feeling that I already know.

He lets out a chuckle, "So when are you gonna ask her?"

I can feel my face heat up, and my brows furrow, "What are you talking about? Ask who what?"

My father's eyes narrow as his head tilts, "Come on, son. I've never seen you look at anyone the way you look at her. You've never talked about anyone else the way you talk about her. She calls, or someone mentions her name, and it's like the world just stops." His words really spark something in me. "What's the first thing you think about when you wake up, the last at night before you fall asleep?" I always knew I loved her, but now it's couldn't be more clear. I'm in love with her. He's right the world may stop when I look at her, but that's only because she is my world now.

That grin on his face widens, and he claps his hand down on my shoulder, "Hits you like a brick wall, doesn't it?" With that, he leaves me to sit and ponder all the emotions that this short time has already brought to the surface.

There is no telling how long I have been sitting here. The sun has begun to set, and there is the familiar sounds of night begin to emerge. Just about the time I decide to get up, the door opens, and I'm greeted with by those damn big Y/E/C eyes. "Hey," She says, as she makes her way over to swing, "You've been out here for quite a while."

I grab her hand and pull her to sit with me, "Yea, just enjoying being back home I guess." She's not entirely buying that. "What about you? I've been out here for a while, so you were on your own, and look you survived!"

She rolls her eyes and playfully punches my arm, "Alright, smartass." I hold up my hands in mock surrender, and she snuggles into my side, "Yea, okay, so it's not that bad. Your mom is actually pretty amazing. We had a really nice talk while I was in there, and your dad seems super nice too. I can see how you became you."

I kiss her on the cheek, "See, I told you it would be fine." My hand runs up and down her arm for a moment before my eyes snap back to her face, "Wait, if you're out here, does that mean dinner is ready?"

She giggles, "Yes, that would be why I came out here."

I jump up, "Well, what are you waiting on, woman?" I grab her hand once more, " Let's go eat!"