The Picture

Word Count: 1339

Warnings:Light language, clumsiness I guess 

Y/N's POV

This past week has been utterly amazing. Never in my life could I have ever imagined that I could have such a wonderful holiday season. Having Jensen here has been everything I ever wanted it to be. From the fun we had baking cookies the first night, to main street, ice skating, and our snowball fights- yes plural, it didn't stop after that one time, it was perfect. Messy, but perfect.

Our last full day together is no different. There's a little place just a few towns over that I had always wanted to go check out, but have never had the chance to. We decided it would be the perfect end to this little vacation for us. It's about a two hour drive there, which with him feels like nothing at all. The man can make you laugh so hard time just sort of fades away. Well that and his singing along with the tunes of course. It sort of takes you to a whole other world for a little while.

Everything in this little town is so beautiful. All of the buildings are really old, and are mostly made out that old school burnt red brick, with brightly colored shutters that stand out against their dark color. It's all two lane roads, lined with old lantern style lamp posts alternating with expertly trimmed trees, small town shoppes, and vintage warehouse buildings. I have to say those are my favorites.You know the ones that have just little remnants of the old advertisements that were painted on the sides of them. On some you can ever see where there have been multiple different businesses that have advertised there. It's so cool to see all the memories of what those buildings once were. It's like life sized scrapbooks, every mark representing an era in that building's history.

Jensen's POV

God I could drive a thousand miles with this girl and never get bored. Just when I think she can't possible pull me any deeper, she does something else that I just can't help but to fall for. I can't get over the way she'd be gazing out the window lost in the scenery one minute, and then turn on a dime, and be doing some silly impression of whatever singer was on the radio.

Now seeing her beautiful Y/E/C eyes widen, and her mouth part slightly as she takes all this in, I know I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'd find a way to get to the moon if she wanted to go there.

We walk down the streets for a little while, checking out the little stores, and she picks something out for Y/F/N. The way she takes genuine interest in these small town people running these businesses blows me away. She truly cares about what other people are passionate about. She wants to know everything about them. What inspires them, how they got into this business, is it what they've always wanted to do? I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm not the only one who had my day made.

I've never seen anyone so excited as she was when we rounded a corner and found a giant mural painted on the side of an old abandoned warehouse. The image spanned the entirety of the huge wall. The paint was faded and chipped in spots; it's clearly been here a while. That by no means takes away from it though. It's like looking into the past. A snapshot of what the town once was if you will. Looking at it, you look down a street filled with vibrant life, antique cars, and not a care in the world. "I love this stuff!" She squealed, attracting the attention of an older woman walking by.

The woman looked over and smiled that smile that they all seem to have. The one they reserve for young couples. You know the one. As she grows nearer to where we're standing, she offers to take our picture in front of it. "That'd be great. Thank you so much!" I say handing her my phone, before going over and wrapping my arms around Y/N. She giggles resting her head, and right hand against my chest.

When the woman is through taking the pictures, she hands me my phone back, and grins. "You two make an adorable couple" she adds, patting my shoulder, before walking away.

Y/N walks up behind me, "That was nice of her."

"Yea, It was." I say trying to bite back a grin, thinking of the woman's words.

I flip through the different pictures she took, "Oh my gosh! Those turned out really good!"

"Didn't they!?'

The rest of the day is spent aimlessly wandering around. Eventually, we come across a little park along the outer edge of town. It's so peaceful. The only sounds are the rustling of leaves, the chirping of birds, and the burble of the river as it flows on by. There's hardly anyone out here, so it's almost as if we have the park to ourselves.

Y/N takes of running towards the river, arms out, full of joy like a child. Nothing can compare to that sight. She slows only long enough to turn to towards me "Come on!" No sooner than the words leave her mouth, her foot catches on a small root sticking out of the ground, sending her tumbling backwards. She hits the ground with a thud, and I take off over towards her.

As I get closer, my heart clenches. She's sounds like she's crying. oh god no. I fall to my knees by her on the ground, and she rolls towards me, tears flowing from her eyes, yes, but she has a smile plastered from ear to ear. She's laughing. Oh thank god.

"Leave it to me to find the one root in this whole field." She jokes as I help her to her feet.

"You scared the hell out of me. I thought you had hurt yourself."

She looks up at me with a sheepish smile, "Sorry, but in case you haven't noticed, I do tend to be a bit clumsy."

**One Week Later**

Jensen's POV

My thumb hovers over the button hesitantly, as I contemplate whether or not I should do this. I mean people already kinda know, right? What harm could come of this. Right, dumb question. You know what kind. "Ah to hell with it" *click*

Y/N's POV

Y/F/N hollers at me from the other side of the studio, "Dude, Your phone is blowing up. What the hell did you do now?"

"I didn't do anything." I say, picking up my phone, the notifications are coming in too fast to even tell what they say. What I can make out is the twitter icon that keeps scrolling by with every new ding. "This is weird."

All the notifications seemed to stem from a instagram post I was tagged in. My jaw drops slightly when my eyes land on the thing that started it all. Jensenackles tagged you in a post. Okay, still weird, but alright. I click to open the post. It's the picture from in front of that mural. the caption reads '@Y/intagram/N Yea, this town was pretty cool, but there's no place like you.'

Y/F/N jumps up and down, screaming. "OH MY GOD! You guys just became like official, official. Like ever since people spotted you at the festival that day, there have been speculations, but now it's confirmed!"

"Wait. Are you talking to random people on the internet about these speculations?"

"No of course not." I give her the 'don't lie to me face.' "I swear, I only talked to one person about it.

"Who?"

"Jared. We may have made bets about how long it would take for it to come out."