"Because he's Luke." Deadpanning, I began picking at my nails because I couldn't find interest in the cartoon Michael had chose.

"He said it was your fault and if we wanted to know what happen we should ask you."

"He's just upset about Ashton and I." When in reality there was no place for Luke to be upset about that. It was silly and immature. If only he'd realize that he cannot look out for me forever. "I said some things to him that he didn't like then he called me a disgusting human being and said he really hopes Ashton breaks my heart again."

"I guess he has a right to be upset at you, but he shouldn't have told you those things." Michael chose his words carefully, speaking in a soft voice. "We all know you've changed, T. You aren't the same girl anymore."

"I'm a woman now." I corrected. "I grew up."

"You can grow into a beautiful, successful woman without being cold-hearted and bitchy." Ouch. "You're so unapproachable these days, T. It surprises me that I was even able to get the guts to come over here without being terrified of you ripping my head off and putting it on display for everyone to see."

Michael was the only person I thought wouldn't confront me about this. Michael of all people was the only person who was okay with "change," always mentioning that it was a good thing, that it kept people sane.

"I want to grab both your shoulders and shake you until you snap out of it!"

"Are you being serious right now?" My laughter was dry as I shook my head in disbelief.

"Very much so." Michael nodded.

"If I didn't change, I would still be that same girl who could barely make eye contact with you back at that house party." I blurted, trying to prove my point with sufficient sources, dating back to that Malibu Christmas night that only seemed to be the start of all this mess.

"Maybe you're right, maybe this new Talia is all for the best, but maybe she won't be after you lose everyone." He scoffed, grabbing his soda and walking to the door. "Think about it." And he left after those last three words that would undeniably have me think about it if I wanted to or not.

Right when I'd gotten comfortable on the couch the door opened again, revealing Xander dropping his suitcase on the floor and slamming the door shut with the angriest look on his face.

"Xander? When did you get here?" I walked over to him, trying to greet him with a hug only to be shoved away.

"Where is he?" Xander asked, being to walk around my apartment like he was searching for the fountain of youth if it were to lie here. "Where is he?!" He shouted.

"Where's who?!" I was confused as ever at everything happening. Confused at Xander's random appearance, Tessa's odd gift, Michael's confrontation, and Xander seeking out this 'he' person.

"Ashton! Where the fuck is he?" Xander came out from my bedroom, standing in front of me in the middle of the dinning room where I had waited desperately and confused.

"He's not here. I don't know where he's at!" Completely truthful. I'd be happy if he was already on his way back to Australia to spend more time with his family, faraway from me - from Xander.

Xander was livid and nothing like I'd seen him before. He had his share of temper tantrums growing up, but never to the extent of showing up to someone's house to find someone who wasn't there, while his skin broke out in hives because he was so angry.

"Bullshit." He snapped.

"Why are you here?" I'd take my best shot at trying to get his mind off the mad state he was in.