Chapter Two (Cameron)

Four Months Later
Chapter Two
Cameron
After my grandmother passed away my mother become a drug addict while she was pregnant with my second little sister. My mother just started going down the wrong path and hanging out with the wrong group of people. Some of them were drug addicts such as my aunt. Still to this day my mother is a drug addict and I don't want my sisters to see her like this. The only way for me and my sisters- Lauren who's nine years old and Bianca who's eighteen years old- to survive I gotta make that sacrifice myself and be the one on the corner to make money.
I stood on the corner in front of the store rocking a diamond stud earring and chain. The light blue true religion jeans, Gucci shirt, Marmot lightweight leather jacket and black Tims were all I had braving this weather. Man, I was freezing my ass off, but that didn't stop the fiends from wanting a hit. I shook my head wondering if one of my boys were serving my mother the same poison that I am distributing out in these streets. It's crazy how the very thing that tore my family apart was the thing that kept us alive.
"You got something for me?"
The sound of a customer's voice caught me attention.
"What you need?"
He rattled off his order as a figure caught my eye. Quickly, I finished the transaction, putting the remainder of my work up. My eyes lingered on her curvaceous frame as she strutted past me into the store. I couldn't lie. Lil' mama was bad even with that smartass mouth of hers.
Usually I found girls like that a huge turn off, but with Aaliyah, all I wanted to do was piss her off just to hear the slick shit she'd come up with. The girl was a character and had my nose wide open these past few months. I didn't know if she was avoiding me or what, but I wasn't going to pass up the chance to talk to her after all this time. I followed her into the store and put a fifty on the counter to cover her purchases.
Most girls would have been geeked. She looked annoyed. I decided to help her no manner having ass out.
"You're welcome baby, where your sexy ass heading to so fast?" I asked.
"Baby? Fuck out of here.I'm going to my job. And I can pay for my own shit." She replied. I ignored the part about paying and nodded to the cashier to take what I had given her to pay for Aaliyah's things.
"Oh words where you work at?"I asked
"I work at a clothing store, Versace." she replied.
I nodded and stated, "Oh word you do, that's good. I'm just out here living life." I shrugged.
"You're not out here living life. You out here trying to lose your life. Or get life. I know what you do." All of a sudden she softened like she ain't want this life for me. "Come work at my job with me. We need the help." She stated.
"What? you gotta be kidding why should I? "I replied with my deep voice.
"I have been working there since I was seventeen years old, but they need people for stocking and for cashier." She stated.
"Yo, baby girl imma keep it a hundo with you. My job is to sell drugs." I responded honestly.
"Cam, what do you mean this is your job?" She spoke.
"This is the only way I can get fast and easy money for me and my sisters." I replied with a little anger in my voice.
"You know what I'm not even going to go back and forth with you right now. But this, ain't a job. My offer still stands." She responded with her little attitude still intact.
"You don't have to. I'm just saying but, whatever." I responded back with a nasty attitude in my voice as well.
"I got to go before I'm late," she told me with a little less snap in her voice.
"I understand that, ma. But what are doing later on tonight?" I asked her softly as I stepped in her way to stop her from leaving.
"I'm going to be working. Why Wassup?" she wanted to know. That attitude coming back. She could turn it on and off like a light switch.
"I was going to say let's chill but fuck it. I'll see you whenever." I told her.
"Okay, Cam. Stay out of trouble also. Can't afford losing you." She replied.
See, that's the shit I meant. One second she acted like she hated the sight of me. The next, she didn't want me to get murked. Trying to figure out which one it was exhausting. But, it was also a challenge. I liked it.
"I always stay out of trouble what you trying to say?" I responded back calmly. Without answering, she just ignored my question and walked away.
Watching Aaliyah walking away had me feeling all guilty because I know that I could find a better life and a better job instead of selling drugs. I wanted to go away to Georgia State University, but I can't because I have taken care of my little sisters. If I go, they don't have nobody else.
That nigga walked up on me trying to play tough in front of his squad. Talking bout if I ain't get off his block and his bread, he was gonna handle me. I invited his ass to show and tell then. He tried to swing with this wild ass haymaker.