II

Anastasia walked down the stairs of the Abbatoir in the early morning, no vampires, even the daylighters, were up. "And where do you think that you're going?" She stilled and turned around slowly to see an inquisitive Marcel, "Nowhere to worry your pretty little head about," she gave him a mock smile.

"You know, you really shouldn't be walking around out in the open where the Mikaelsons can see you," Marcel lectured still looking down at her from the second level. "I don't give two shits about the Mikaelson Family, I'll let them see me when I want them to. Now leave me the hell alone so I go on my merry way." With that Anastasia stormed out of the courtyard; Marcel stared after her nervously wondering if he should be cautious around her now that the Original Family was back.

" With that Anastasia stormed out of the courtyard; Marcel stared after her nervously wondering if he should be cautious around her now that the Original Family was back

The next day Anastasia, having cooled off and after seeing her favorite little witch, was on her way back to the Abbatoir. "Don't worry Davina, I'll be fine," the two girls had been having a Girls' Day when one of Anastasia's personal informants, a human who was compelled to forget everything they hear and relay after leaving Anastasia, called and informed the Russian that there had been a fight at the Abbatoir and New Orleans had a new ruler; Klaus Mikaelson himself. She also learned that he had killed quite a few of Marcel's men after Marcel and the female Mikaelson tried to take the Hybrid down. 'Serves those two right, as if they could take on Klaus with only a few measly amateur vampires,' Anastasia rolled her eyes at the news.

"Please be careful Ana, I know you can watch after yourself but that doesn't make you invincible," the young witch pleaded over the phone. She had been incredibly worried when she heard that her friend was leaving for the compound and didn't want anything bad to happen to the Romanov. "I'll be fine Little Bird, it'll have to take more than the 'Mighty Hybrid King' to unnerve me. I must go now возлюбленная (sweetheart) I believe that a reunion is in order for me and an old 'friend.'" With that Anastasia ended the call and tucked her phone into her back pocket and narrowed her eyes as she looked up standing in the shadows of the compound.

She entered into the compound silently listening for anything or anyone; a voice rang out from somewhere deeper inside and she made her way towards it sticking to the shadows. Anastasia stayed hidden in a small corner behind some decor that hadn't been there when she left a day ago. When she saw the spectacle in front of her she almost snorted in amusement; a large table had been pulled out with a feast on top of it and seated around it was Marcel and those vampires who were in his inner circle. However, the two occupants on either end of the table captured Anastasia's attention.

A young woman sat at one end with a leg pulled up on her chair; this was the pregnant she-wolf. Anastasia observed Hayley with narrowed eyes and tuned her hearing in tighter and heard the hummingbird heartbeat of the child resting in the wolf's womb; she suddenly felt her throat close up. Anastasia, growing up, always knew that she wanted to be a mother, she was going to marry a handsome man of high stature and have multiple children who she would spoil and love till the end of her days; that dream, sadly, ended the day her and her family were slaughtered.

The man standing over all the occupants was none other than Klaus Mikaelson; she narrowed her eyes at him as a wave of disgust washed over her. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." he smirked as the obviously compelled waiters and waitresses slit their wrists filling the glasses on the table for the vampires. Anastasia rolled her eyes at his dramatics, "Our victories, and our defeats," Klaus looked over at Marcel and the Russian analyzed the two trying to glean something, anything, from the men's exchange of glances.

The still-standing man lifted his glass in a toast, "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow...." Marcel raised his glass as well and smirked, "...and the party never end!" Anastasia glared at him disbelief, what game was Marcel playing she plainly saw the knowing glances Marcel and Diego shared, 'Try to be a bit more discrete in the future, you're both so obvious it actually hurts.'

Diego toasted to New Orleans and the rest of the table followed suit; Klaus set down his glass and went to speak once more, "I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires." Anastasia found herself once more rolling her eyes and for a moment wondered if her eyes would actually get stuck in the back of her head if she kept on rolling her eyes. 'It's better than having to watch this nauseating display of power,' she thought dryly.

Diego (who unbeknownst to most despised the Romanov woman.... The feeling was mutual on her side) spoke up, "What about her?" He had gestured towards the wolf girl who glared at him with a ferocity that Anastasia could appreciate. Klaus made to move while answering the Stupid, Afro, Waste of Space. "Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." As he moved down the table Marcel suddenly felt a pair of eyes watching him and looked around before he clashed eyes with Anastasia; his eyes widened drastically but she merely smirked and held up a finger not wanting him to give her away just yet.

"As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect." At this, he rested a hand on Hayley's shoulder who kept up her bored expression despite her wanting to shrug his hand off. "However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not."

Anastasia saw Hayley give a sarcastic smile before calling Klaus 'Father of the Year,'; Klaus shot her a look and continued on frustration now coated his voice. "It appears I will have to earn your trust." He smirked deviously. "Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how I can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?"

He ignored the mother of his child, "So-- eat, drink, and be merry. And, tomorrow, I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead, have fun. Kill them all!"

Some of the vampires grinned and Klaus smirked in triumph but that all stopped when slow clapping reached all of their ears. 

A/N: So I lied... she doesn't reveal herself to Klaus in the chapter (does clapping count?) I was going to have the reveal in this chapter but I decided not to (oh wells). Also, note how Anastasia is a bit of a bitch? Yeah, there's going to be legitimate reasons for that (I just haven't come up with said reasons hehe)She's also just done with the Mikaelson family (again for reasons I cannot disclose). She's going to have a strong disliking for many people because let's be real, she just tolerates Marcel but she actually does love Davina and there is no lost love between her and Diego whatsoever. So yeah...