𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐇

SUMMARY:IN THE FLESH

SUMMARY:
IN THE FLESH

━━★━━

DAMON HILL, colloquially known as 'Sad Boy' to his friend Jane Carter, doesn't necessarily believe in comical happiness. More specifically, he believes that the fundamental theory of happiness applies only when you no longer strive to be someone else. Ever since he was a kid, zig-zagging in and out of foster homes, he never really thought he'd ever reach this so-called 'Happiness.' In fact, there was a part of him that thought it was impossible.

When he meets Jane Carter, however, his thought process seems to change completely. She shows him a life without heartache, without abandonment. She throws him into the world with an unapologetic smile, and indirectly leads him into the arms of a man he thinks of as the love of his life. It's safe to say that, after eighteen years spent alone, she brought to him a sort of light—his own, personal Moon.

A boy with nothing to his name but a pentagram birthmark and a devilish cloud above his head, he initially dons the mask of an introvert and refuses to let her see him without it. Who does see him take it off at last is a boy that silently sits beside him at the pew in the church he finally allows himself to walk into (yes, he's addressed the irony of a boy with a pentagram on his chest walking into a church).

Eddie Brock. That name is Damon's fundamental happiness, he realizes nearly a decade later when he no longer has the boy in the palm of his hands. And with time comes heartache, comes the thought that, if he had done something different, maybe the boy would be in his arms and not in those of a blonde lawyer he's sure doesn't love him as much as he does.

However, just as Damon finally feels a connection to Eddie again that isn't on the basis of being two sad kids with familial issues, he also finds himself as distant from him as ever. The boy, now a man, has been hiding something from the world. This secret encompasses a dark and sinister entity that he's not so sure he wants to find out about after all, and it begins with one word:

VENOM.