Chapter Four: The Mark

Harry smiled in the mirror at the blue and bronze patterned tie that he held in his hands. He quickly put it on and pulled on his robe before sitting on his bed. He pulled out the mirror his fathers had given him for his birthday and tapped it twice. It glowed softly for a few moments before Remus' face appeared with a smile.

"Hey, pup,"

"Hey Moons," Harry smiled. "Is Pads still asleep?"

"Yes," Remus snorted. "I'll wake him."

"With a spell, I hope," Remus smirked at him.

"Of course, what do you take me for?" Harry laughed and watched as Remus turned the mirror around. Sirius was sprawled on their bed with one half of his body dangling over the edge. Harry covered his mouth and grinned widely as he heard a whispered incantation. Sirius sputtered as the water drenched his hair and face. Harry quietly laughed at the display.

"What the hell, Rem?"

"Sorry Pads, but I was putting on a show."

"Hey Padfoot," Harry smiled and waved.

"Prongslet!" Sirius stumbled over his own feet as a grin overtook his face and he rushed to the mirror. "How was the first day?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Today is the first day."

"You know what I mean." Harry sighed and smiled.

"It was fine, I got into Ravenclaw." Harry lifted his tie and swung it around.

"Oh no, now what? How are we supposed to bond on common room experiences?" Sirius complained. Remus hit him lightly as Harry laughed.

"Well, for starters, all of these boys snore." He looked at Remus. "I know that at least you can relate to that." Remus laughed.

"Oh for sure, Sirius and James were terrible."

"Hey!"

"Anyway," Harry said, derailing the conversation before Sirius could storm off. "Professor Flitwick is supposed to give us a first-year speech today and then we get our schedules at breakfast."

"Well don't be late for any classes, use the map to help you find your way around until you've memorized everything." Harry nodded at Remus.

"I will, promise Moons."

"No no no, the map is to be used for mischief," Sirius stated as he waved a hand in the air. "Use the map to cause trouble. But don't get caught." Harry titled his head.

"Me? Trouble? Getting caught? What do you take me for? Besides, I would time the spells to start after I've left and had a good alibi. Like the one that is about to go off." Harry smirked.

"You've already started?" Sirius cried in glee. "What did you do?" Harry smirked as he watched pink glitter start to fall over every surface of his parents' bedroom and themselves.

"I got to go, but it looks like you have something on your face Pads. Huh, you too Moony. Well, I'll see you later, bye!" Harry waved again and shut off the mirror, internally cackling with glee. He shoved the mirror back in his trunk and pulled out the map. He put it in his pocket and pulled out one of his many books before heading down to the common room.

Harry ignored the looks he got and sat in one of the armchairs by a window. He placed the book in his lap and started to read.

Nearly an hour later, the common room door opened and Harry glanced up. Professor Flitwick had just walked in. He smiled when they made eye contact and placed his now finished book inside of his bag.