𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

He couldn't look at her, knowing very well that if he did he wouldn't of brought her to Reginald.

Everyone that knew Eleanor secretly or non secretly held a soft spot for the girl. She was too good for this world, too pure.

For some unknown reason, she just sent off this aura radiating safety and comfort. Just her voice alone instantly calmed your nerves, and nobody knew why.

Something about her was different.. she seemed rare. A pure, kindred spirit amongst very few, was what made her so rare.

Unfortunate traumatic disasters and scarred memories had taken a chunk of her that would never return. Her innocence had been stolen from her far too soon but she still held that aura within her.

"Oh.."

Pogo led the girl down the basement stairs that had led to a room enclosed in glass, which allowed others to see her though she couldn't see them.

A massive room stood before the girl, obstacles and objects far to heavy for a small girl like her, placed all around it.

To any, it would be very intimidating and nerve racking. To Eleanor, she was used to it. She was used to being intimidated and pushed far past her limits.

She was then sat down by a small table that stood in the middle of the enormous room, the lights all flickering on at once lighting up the now brightened room.

"Stay here while I go get Grace and your father" Pogo gently squeezed her shoulder, walking out of the room and leaving her with the loud silence.

Eleanor nervously fidgeted around, eyes darting to every corner as she became scared and paranoid.

Heart beat picking up, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to try and settle her anxiety. Her ears rung as the silence became too loud, hands clenching into a tight fist while she tried to calm herself.

The door then opened and Grace's heels clicked against the concrete floor. Her soft humming calmed Eleanor's fidgeting.

"Mom?" The girl shifted, legs swinging widely as she anxiously chewed on her bottom lip. She spot the cart she was dragging and saw wires and other devices sat on it.

"Hello dear, just here to place the wiring on you!" Grace smiled warmly at her, moving the cart next to Eleanor while starting to connect the brainwaves and motions on her.

"Can you stay this time..?" Eleanor's eyes held pleads and curiosity, glancing up at the gorgeous woman who froze.

Grace's face seemed to hold sadness and guilt. Her lips twitched downwards and if you hadn't known the woman- robot, you would have mistaken her as human. It was unusual compared to her happy-go attitude towards everything.

But then, as soon as it came, it was switched off into a warm smile.

"You know I can't stay with you angel, but do you know what?" Grace kneeled to her level, taking hold of the girls hand. She stopped her from biting her nails, the surrounding skin from the short nails turning red.

"What?" Eleanor's voice had tried staying steady, the girl swallowing down the lump in her throat while tears threatened to gather in her eyes.

"I will be right out there waiting for you to come out, and I will make your favorite, chocolate chip cookies!" Grace wiped her teary eyes, squeezing Eleanor's hand once more before standing up and walking away.

At the mention of her favorite sweet, her stomach grumbled. She just wished to be out of that room and into her own.

A click echoed throughout the large room, Reginald's voice resonating among the area, "Number zero, begin your tasks".

Eleanor let out a sigh, breathing in deeply before raising her hand. She then began to curl her fingers towards her palm, and focused on the heavy boulders in front of her.

Her arm strained as if she were carrying it, muscles tensing up while she cleared her mind. Slowly the boulders began lifting, hovering over the floor until her arm gave out and it crashed to the floor.

Eleanor's heart raced, beads of sweat lining the girls forehead. It felt as if she had been working out for an hour or two, nonstop. Small but quick breaths were released from her mouth, stomach twisting in knots.

A disappointed sigh emitted from the speakers, "Do it again".

"I can't" She whimpered, hands trembling while trying to steady her breath.

"Do it Number zero!" Reginald shouted at her, causing the frail girl to jump. She wanted to do it, but she couldn't.

He continued yelling at her, pushing her further and further far past her limit. Her anger began to unravel, eyes glowing a deep yellow.

This wasn't right, it felt different. She remembered being angry, but had never experienced this type of anger before. It sped through her veins, igniting flames of fury inside the small girl.

"Don't be useless!"

"Weak girl"

"Number zero dont be a disappointment to me or your siblings'

Her body trembled, a wave of anger releasing inside her. Her hands grew warm, a new found power beginning to crawl up from her fingers.

It raced through her bloodstream while a rush of adrenaline ran through her. Her body craved the newly found power, tensing every few moments.

Reginald's words were loosely tossed back and forth in her mind, each word forming a stronger grip on the hold that held tightly onto her power.

Eleanor yelled out, her hands raising high in the air with her palms facing the ceiling. She could feel the heavy weight of the boulders, but she pushed even further.

She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, the house rattling as rocks tumbled off from the boulders. Her eyes burned unusually, it had felt like flames were nipping the fronts of her eyes.

Reginald watched the tiny girl lift the enormous boulders in amazement, before her yellow eyes reflected off his cold ones.

He lost his breath for a moment, goosebumps racing down his arms and legs. For a moment, just a moment.. Reginald was afraid.

And then his face returned to its original strict one. He made a decision in his head, and started walking towards the door.

"Number Zero, you will be spending the night down in the vault tonight"

Little did she know all of the experiments that would be run on her, only blooming the pedals of powers she had within her.

As the glow faded from her eyes, she was left panting on the ground shaking from the previous rush. Fear sped through her body as she began spiraling down into a dark abyss where it had all just started beginning.