Out of all the classes she had throughout the day, she had three more with Remus. Potions, charms, and astronomy, in her first class, she would sit with a young boy by the name of Severus Snape. She didn't mind him, the goons teased him in that class non-stop. She asked him in the beginning of the year, if it bothered him and he said "the opinions of people who called themselves marauders didn't matter to him." That was when she decided that she liked him. It also helped that they both did well in potions. Neither of them held the other back, and they would always complete work quickly. Not as quickly as Remus did though.

In charms she chose to sit by herself, at the front. The marauders wouldn't dare to sit so close to the teacher and the proximity kept her focused on the subject. She wasn't bothered as much in that class. Jackie even considered the class one of her favorites. Flitwick was the head of her house and her favorite teacher.

In the last class she stayed with Marelne. Astronomy was her absolute favorite class despite the fact the marauders were in that class too. Jackie considered leaving the wizarding world once she graduated and pursuing Astronomy in the United States. She dreamed of working for NASA. She also knew her mom wouldn't allow it. She wanted Jackie to stay close to home. So Jackie would probably just look for options in the wizarding world to fulfill her.

_______________ 🐺 ______________

Severus was a strange boy, he had short black hair, and quite a large nose. Jackie considered him fairly attractive, but the other girls did not. Severus usually seemed off and quiet from an outsider's perspective. Jackie realised that there was much more to him than meets the eye. He was a kind person, but you had to look at his actions, not his words. He could call you a wanker while cleaning your wounds.

She'd heard the rumors that Severus was interested in the dark arts, she didn't really believe them. Rumours meant nothing to her. For all she knew those annoying marauders could've started them to get rid of Severus's chance with Lily. "How are you and Lily, anything new?"

"Nothing new, and nothing new will happen," Sirius said.

"Oh come you don't know that, have you tried to show yourself to her in that way?"

"It's not something I need

to worry about right now."

Jackie was about to say something else when she noticed the potion she was working on turned a dark red. She started to panic, but calmed down when Severus reached over and dropped a couple eyes of newt into it along with a "Drop it, Emmerson." The potion went back to a normal color. She thanked him with a simple thanks and a thin smile.

Jackie wasn't a stupid girl, in fact she was quite smart, top of most of her classes. However she was very oblivious to the fact that Sirius Black liked her. She didn't notice his gaze on her all class. On top of that, she didn't realize that Severus' kindness was only offered to her to piss off Sirius. Instead she sat there in potions class and focused on her assignment. Being the best was her only goal at that moment.

Jackie looked over her shoulder to see where Remus Lupin was on his potion. He was casually leaning back in his seat reading a book on the moon cycle. He hadn't even started! Her face lit up, she was finally going to beat him in something.

The voice of Sirius Black crushed her dreams.

"Psst Jackie, sorry darling he's already finished"

"He finished a while ago" Peters voice came next

"HE WHAT!"

This caught everyone in the classroom's attention. She heard Black chuckle and she suddenly felt watched. Her wall that she built high and strong protected her now as the eyes of her peers watched. Her face turned red as she scratched the back of her neck, and slowly the eyes of her peers fluttered away.