chapter one: the marines

I was a nurse that traveled with the marine units so that I could fix them up when they were injured. I was one of the better ones since i've been practicing medical related studies since I was young. It was around 6:15am and I was called to come down to talk by the lead nurse. She was the prettiest nurse, in my opinion. She had wavy, shoulder length hair. Light green eyes that would remind you of a shiny emerald. And she was curvy. All the boys wanted her.
I walked down to meet her and was stopped along the way by a marine with curly brown hair.
"Hey, sweetheart. Mind showing me what's under your skirt later?" He asked, which made my eyes widen. "No, not at all." I said before moving along. I walked past him and walked for a few seconds before turning around. He was staring at me while lighting a cigarette.
I spun back around and finally made it to her tent. I peeked inside and called out her name. "Jenny..?" There was no answer. I walked in and closed the tent behind me, peeking around at the dimly lit tent. There were papers scattered all across her desk and a few plates and cups around the room. I called out her name again; even though she wasn't here.
Sighing, I took a seat and decided to wait for her to come to me. I guess I ended up drifting off to sleep because I awoke to Jenny shaking me and calling my name. I opened my eyes and made eye contact with the same guy that asked to see what was under my skirt. He smirked and it made my stomach turn. "Y/N, this is Snafu. He's apart of the platoon you're going to be traveling with," she said breaking the silence.
I shot my head towards her. "To be traveling with? What do you mean?" I said, getting up from my seat while straightening my uniform. Jenny looked at me and then back at the little mirror in front of her desk. "Yeah, you're going to be traveling with the 1st Marine Division. They need you."
I took it all in and nodded. This was my career after all. I had to deal with traveling to where ever these men needed to be dropped off. As I was about to go, the curly haired boy stopped me. "I'm Snafu, by the way." I looked into his eyes. They were brown, and they were pretty. I nodded with a smile, "I'm Y/N."