Spider-Webs

(Raven's POV)

I had been staying with Jesse and Lestat for about a week now, Jesse and I hardly saw each other because she was still confined to the dark unlike Lestat. Lucky him he was immune to sunlight, weird for a vampire, but hey, everyone has their thing. I was a semi-normal kid for once, Lestat and Jesse were the parents I never had. Lestat was the one who consistently bought food for the house, I swear it was like the guy pulled money out of thin air sometimes. Jesse talked to me and treated me like any mother would treat their child, which I didn't get a lot of since my mom was a drug addict who as soon as she gave birth to me cut and run, leaving me to deal with the alcoholic asshole I called dad as a child. I was sitting in the living room watching the news when something about Lestat came on.

"The supposed vampire Lestat has disappeared from the public eye leaving no trace. Fans are now questioning wether or not he was a real vampire at all." I looked at Lestat and shook my head, then after I finished torturing him with my gesture, I continued to attack my breakfast -hypothetically of course I'm just eating cereal-.

"I'm alright with their speculations, I know what I am." he replied defensively, I smirked.

"Even though the Lestat empire is crashing down?" he shrugged, I glanced at the time and got up from my chair heading out the door.

"Bye" I called quickly then I shut the door behind me and made my way to school. I found my way to school surprisingly, because A. I was not a UK native and B. I hadn't been in school since about sixth grade when my dad finally got enough concerned calls to pull me out. I looked around the large expanse that this building was and walked in. I was still trying to figure out where to go and find my way around this place so as I was staring intently at the map and schedule I walked. I was surprised I managed not to run into anyone this time around while finding the place I was supposed to be, I sat down in my chair and waited for the bell to ring. I pulled out a book and started reading and in that time someone sat in the desk next to mine. I took a quick glance and saw it was a guy and rolled my eyes before returning to the reading. My guardians being vampires made the dating game a little difficult for me so I couldn't even think about dating the goth guy who just planted himself next to me. When the class started I threw my book into my open bag and stared at the front of the classroom while the teacher talked. I had to work hard to keep my eyes trained on the board, my eyes kept wanting to drift to this guy I didn't know. Seriously what is with all these stupid romance cliches they're really starting to get on my nerves especially since he looked like one of Lestat's wannabe vampire followers it was weird. He had choppy long black hair and from the looks of him falling out of his desk he was tall. I pushed my concentration back to the teacher as much as I could but I kept feeling drawn towards him, it was like he was a black hole. When the bell rang I quickly got up and practically ran out the door of the classroom trying to escape the boy drawing me in.

I managed to pull my unknown new feelings away long enough to get to my next class, after plopping down in my desk at the front of the room I returned to reading trying to avoid all the eyes that everyone seemed to have for the new girl then I felt the pull again. I saw the same dark boy sitting in the desk next to mine, just when I thought I had escaped who knows maybe I'll never escape I pushed my attention to the book in front of me only to find that it was all jumbled and hard to focus on. It was all looking like symbols on a page nothing made sense or sunk in, I finally put the book down and gave up just in time for the bell to ring and class to start. The teacher, Mr. Lane, began calling out attendance he started at the beginning of the roster and called out names.

"Graham Amory?" he called, I discreetly glanced around the room only for my eyes to land on the raised hand of the boy next to me. Graham that suited him strange as it sounds. I was called to attention when I heard my name called out next, I think I completely spaced out when the teacher went through the rest of the roster.

"Raven de Lincourt?" I tentatively raised my hand and when the teacher marked me present he took the roster back to his desk and the whispers began. Maybe I shouldn't have let Lestat be the one to fill out my school paperwork.... Yeah I'm definitely seeing that was a bad idea now. Unexpectedly though the whispers stopped but when I glanced around they were all looking at Graham who was leaning towards me.

"de Lincourt huh?" he asked, I nodded trying not to look visibly surprised at the fact he was talking me. "I didn't know that Lestat had any relatives..." he followed, I swallowed hard then cleared my throat slightly.

"Yeah, uh, I'm sort of a new addition to the de Lincourt family." I let out a nervous laugh, he nodded and then leaned back to his own desk, I let out a quiet breath of relief. The teacher was back at the front of the room again and he started his history lesson. I think my life at this school just got a little bit more complication tangled in it. So basically in shorter words, a normal existence was now a pipe dream.....again...

Author's Note: There's a picture of how I imagine Raven on the side bar thingy majig.