Running

(Raven's POV)

When I got back to the apartment I didn't stop to say hello to anyone, I just went straight into the room that became mine and locked myself away. The worst part is I'm pretty sure I saw Marius on my way in. Double embarrassment. I don't know how long I sat there doing nothing; not moving, breathing, or existing for that matter. I was so out of it I didn't even hear knocking on the door, I felt the presence of someone as whomever it was sat down next to me.

"What happened Raven?" It was Lestat's voice, I glanced over at him momentarily thinking of the most cautious way to answer but soon gave up on the idea.

"That boy that walked me home.... he claims to be my mate or whatever like you and Jesse. His mom didn't want him with me because I was human and your daughter and he obeyed. I told him not to talk to me until he stopped being a chicken and fought for what he wanted...." I paused trying to bring myself to explain the last part of the story. I felt hot heavy tears rolling down my cheeks and I didn't bother wiping them away.

"Today he was with this girl, she's your stereotypical high school brat but she was spreading rumors about me. He was letting her...." After I choked out the last few words I felt his arm on my shoulder and he pulled my closer so that I was crying on his shoulder.

"I'm gonna get makeup all over you." I said as the tears started coming faster and heavier, I felt a chuckle radiate out of him.

"Don't laugh at me." I pulled away from him, he laughed harder. "Seriously Lestat, don't laugh at me..." I looked at him with disbelief etched on my face.

"Well, you're worried about nothing Raven. You just have to let the cards fall the way they fall." I shook my head at him.

"I don't think you understand. People are talking about me, they think I'm a drug addict they think I'm a bad person."

"Who cares what other people think." he said bluntly, I scoffed.

"Isn't that what got you in trouble in the first place? You got people killed Lestat, lots of people." he shook his head.

"It was not my fault, it was Akasha." I scoffed.

"Yeah and I'm the damn Easter Bunny." he gave me an angry look.

"None of what happened was my fault Raven. It was all a product of the circumstances."

"Are you kidding me? You're serious? It was all you, you exposed vampires, you brought Akasha about, and you were the reason hundreds of humans died by her hands. Do you ever take responsibility for your actions?"

"Do you ever stop running away from your problems?" he asked in return, that was my last straw. I went silent, he thought he'd won but I just shook my head.

"You need to sort your shit out." I said blankly before walking out of the apartment passing by Marius and Jesse who both had surprised looks on their faces. When I walked out I I didn't know where I was going but I just kept walking. When I finally looked up from the ground I found myself knocking on the last possible door I thought I would ever be knocking on, he stood there blankly surprised that I showed up.

"I need someone to talk to."