Chapter 2

After leaving the apartment, I open the roof of my black convertible and my red hair becomes a windblown mess as I coast down the highway. I turn off at my exit and already the traffic is horrible. I groaned, "This is why I left early, to avoid this!" I decide to turn into a bar to pass some time. Hopping up on the stool, I ask for a cheap Miller and look for other concert goers who have escaped from traffic to this sanctuary. I spot a few at a table and grabbing my beer walk over. We chat for a couple hours and guzzle down our drinks.

After parting ways, I hop back into my car and wait a painstakingly long twenty minutes while trying to find a spot in the long line of cars. Eventually, I park my car and make it in. There's still an hour left, so I grab another beer and decide to check out the t-shirt stands. Once I look at what they're selling, I laugh as I have most of those shirts anyway. I toss my drink in the garbage and push my way to the front, or as close as I'll get anyway. These open seating concerts are pretty rough, but fun. I look up to the stage and notice Twiggy is hiding behind a curtain looking out at the crowd. Seeming to be the only one who noticed him, I waved and he smiled at me. The fangirl in me did backflips!

Suddenly, the entire place went pitch black and a voice bounded over the cried, "ARE YOU FUCKERS READY???"