I Wanna Dance With Somebody

It was prom of '84, it was your senior year.

But here I sat on the bleachers as the slow dance and lovers songs started to play and I was alone. I looked around to see if any of my friends were available but all of them had boyfriends. I put my elbow on my knee and held my head in my hand.

"Dance with me Vikki?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

I looked up to be greeted with his gorgeous blue eyes and a smirk that played on his lips. He took my hand leading me out to the dance floor. My heart pounded in my chest as he looked back and smiled at me.

"I thought you weren't going to come." I said looking away as he spun me around placing his hands on my waist.

I put my arms around his neck and we began to sway. I could feel his blue eyes piercing me and I looked up.

"I couldn't leave you hanging princess," a smirk played on his lips and he kissed me softly.

The song changed and Whitney Houston began to play. He looked a bit awkward as the fast pace song began but he didn't take his eyes off of me. I danced before him and he started to move to the beat. He danced better than he thought he did. I smiled looking at bad ass Billy dancing at prom.

"What's the look for?" He asked whispering in my ear pulling me close.

"I was just admiring bad ass Billy cutting loose at prom." I smiled up at him and he shook his head grabbing my head and twirling me in a circle.

He leaned in and kissed me softly. His lips moving perfectly with mine as he cupped my face with one of his hands. He moved some of my brown hair from my face and stared into my eyes. I couldn't help but smile and thank god he actually showed up. Every girl in school wanted Billy but he chose to be with me.

"Wanna get out of here?" He asked keeping his voice low.

I looked around the room to make sure my friends were preoccupied so I could sneak out. I nodded and he grabbed my hand as we ran out. I didn't mind leaving early because I got at least one dance with him.

We arrived breathless and laughing at his camaro. He opened the passenger door and gestured for me to get in. I climbed in quickly and he shut my door. He climbed in the driver side starting the And looking in his rear view mirror.

"Vikki," he paused looking over.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked as he started the car and the engine roared.

"Anywhere as long as it's with you," I smiled and he grinned placing a big kiss on my lips.

He drove off with his hand on my knee and I felt unstoppable...

Dedicated to victoriastar21