𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Rain was seeping through my hood making my face more clammy than it already was

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Rain was seeping through my hood making my face more clammy than it already was. I carried on running through the thick trees of the enchanted forest fog soon taking over making it more hard to see where I was running. My heart was beating out of my chest from the loss of oxygen mixed with the rush of adrenaline. Blood was covered all over my cloak and my hands, reminding me of the grim encounter I just had to deal with. I looked over my shoulder to see if I could see the guards that was chasing after me only to be met with the thick fog lurking in the distance.

I looked around only to notice there was no where to go, the only place I would be safe without having the possibility of running into the guards was up in a tree. I spun around checking the trees to see which would be the most suitable before I started climbing up the thickest and most sturdiest tree out of the couple around me.

I didn't feel guilty for what I had done, I didn't feel sad either or scared. Instead I felt nothing, just emptiness apart from the adrenaline running through my body. I let out a long shaky sigh before pulling my dagger out of the waistband on my pants, running my fingers along the delicate engravings at the top. It was a beautiful dagger, decorated in silver engravings and blue moons with a blue jewel in the middle, just a shame she was now christened to merciless bloodshed.

The forest was eerily quiet with a melancholy of a pan flute in the distance almost like it was screaming out for me. I listened carefully to the flute that sounded like a cry for the lost, lonely and hurt, it was a heartbreaking yet a intriguing sound, almost enchanting. For the remainder of the song I sat and listened, hoping it would go away soon as I knew I wasn't safe being in the vicinity that the pan flute was after the rumors that was going around. I couldn't stay in the branches of a tree much longer, I was growing uncomfortable with hints of cramping sneaking up my legs.

It felt like forever until the flute finally stopped playing, I waited around until it was clear that no one or anything was around until I made my descend down the tree. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath tuning out the surrounding sounds around me and focusing on the forest and the contents within. Once I finally felt what I wanted I snapped my eyes open and starting fast walking to the location, one of the many things I had picked up in my short life was how to tune in with the area around me and feel the belongings inside of it.

I hid behind a tree waiting for the perfect moment to hunt down the animal and take it by surprise. I slowly turned from my spot making sure not to make a sound and startle the animal. My heart dropped when I finally processed what was in front of me. It wasn't what I wanted nor needed, the story that the town folk was spreading was all replaying through my head as the black shadow stood before me looking around the forest. The shadow slowly turned around to face me and stared at me with its pearly white eyes. The staring went on for what felt like forever until the shadow finally spoke.

''I can't read you.'' The shadow muttered underneath its breath in a demonic tone letting out a angry sigh as it continued to stare into my eyes, almost trying to pinch any information it could get.

''Good.'' I snapped at the shadow as I turned away and started walking away from it. There was talks of a shadow kidnapping young boys from around the enchanted forest, and I for one didn't plan on being the first girl it kidnapped. As much as I hated it in the enchanted forest, I didn't plan on leaving with that thing.

''Why can't I read you?'' The shadow followed behind me. I could feel the intense stares burning into the back of my head that the demonic presence was giving. The wind was growing more angry, howling with each blow with the iciness tinting my cheeks a red tone.

''I don't know and don't care.'' I growled back, My anger was growing by the minute and I was growing increasingly angry at the shadow for following me. Suddenly the wind stopped and the air felt a lot less thick and like I could finally breathe. I turned around to see if I could spot the shadow only to find it had disappeared.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

I carried on walking until I found a spot that was suitable for me to take rest for the night. The area was less littered with the forest trees yet was still hidden. The trees formed a canopy above not letting in any sunlight and the ground was covered in a mixture of moss, grass and wildflowers. I sat down next to a tree and picked up some branches and feathers from the ground and began carving some arrows.

The shadow from earlier floated down and was now staring into my eyes. I stared back at it, getting a bit frustrated with it now. ''Come with me.'' The shadow spoke in a low raspy voice that seemed demonic

''Piss off.'' I sighed trying to waft it away however when my hand went through the dark thick shadow all that I could feel was the iciness yet also a hint of warmth that that shadow had.

''Come with me, escape from here.'' The shadow spoke out to me again in its demonic voice holding a hand out for me to take.

I scoffed at the shadow and shook my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath ''When I open my eyes again you better disappear.'' I said in a lowly voice rubbing my eyes until they were sore. I don't know how long my eyes were closed for but when I opened them again the shadow was in fact gone, I let out a sigh of relief hoping that now I would be left alone.

I closed my eyes to try and have as much sleep as possible, the day had felt like it had gone on for years yet I couldn't even tell what time it was. It was almost as if someone had put a halt on the time for hours upon end as time seemed to stand still within the forest. I was drifting of to sleep when a voice in my head spoke and emerald green eyes flashed before my eyes staring deep into my soul.

''When you're ready ill be waiting.''

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Edited: 08/03/2023

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝐿𝑎𝑛𝑑. (Peterpan x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें