I glanced down at the grimy prints and frowned, "I'm afraid I might have to."

"Oliver," he shrugged his shoulders again.

It was like that. Simple. Oliver had done it. Admittedly, it was rather frightening at first, doors would open on their own accord at night, there would be the occassional pitter patter of small feet padding across the wooden floor of the upstairs, and I'm sure that I even heard the poor thing slip down the steps at one point. Louis never seemed bothered by the presence so as long as he continued to cuddle me against his chest I decided I wouldn't be afraid either. This boy was a part of Louis and thus, a part of me.

It wasn't until Lou's 19th birthday came around that I really had my own moment with him though. I had bought a set of those magnetic letters to stick onto the fridge to write out a Happy Birthday message. It took me about five minutes to set up all the letters and to improvise for the duplicates. After I was finished I turned to the stove to continue baking a few of Lou's favorite treats. When I turned a few moments later to get some more milk from the fridge the letters had been rearranged.

'Hey Curly Twat!'

I stood there frightened and frozen in the middle of our kitchen. "Louis?" I yelled out although I knew for certain that he was still at work.

Silence was my only answer.

"This isn't funny!" I shouted again to no avail.

A small giggle reached my ears and I nearly dropped the bowl of mix. "O...Oliver...?" I called softly.

Another little laugh reached me.

I straightened up. Louis had to be making me just as crazy as him to actually make me think that there was some little boy here. Sure, I had always believed that he was around Lou but I hoped that he wouldn't bother me. "Oliver, twat's not a nice word..." I tested hesitantly.

The four letter word clattered to the tile floor and the sound of feet running out of the kitchen echoed through my mind.

My heart pounded loudly in my chest and I set the bowl of mix down before remaking the Happy Birthday message.

"O...Oliver... Do you know where my black ring is that Louis gave me after our trip to Paris...?" I called out nervously. There was a long silence after that. It was relieving really. I had simply imagined the whole twat message and then the letters had clattered to the floor because the magnets were weak. It was all logical really. I was paranoid because I was living with a beautifully broken boy that was still getting used to being himself instead of this other boy. It was simple. My imagination was creating things and rationalizing things that weren't there.

I continued stirring the mix before pouring it neatly into little Superman cupcake tins and turning on my iphone speakers.

"When the days are cold and the cards all fold... And the saints we see are all made of gold..." I sang along as Demons by Imagine Dragons played loudly shaking off any thoughts of dismay. I tossed the cupcake tray into the oven and began setting out the dinner portions on the table. Louis would be home and I wanted to make him happy with all of the things that I had made for him.

The lock on the door clicked open moments later as Lou swung the door open, "Hazza I'm home!"

"Happy birthday boo..." I grinned at him as I placed a kiss to his lips.

His grin warmed my lips as he smiled into the kiss, "I see you made cupcakes you clumsy little mess..." He licked a bit of icing off of his lip that he had gotten from mine. How long had I not noticed that being there?

"I made some for you yes... But dinner comes first..." I hummed softly as I wiped the remaining bit of icing from my lips.

He walked passed me and returned moments later with the bowl of icing, "Lets... Lets skip dinner okay...? I have a bit of bad news so I want dessert..." He began trapsing up the stairs to our bedroom before I could even respond.