𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

Start from the beginning

"y-yes i know, but im just too lazy to get up and physically make myself a drink," john tried to laugh it off, but it just played off as one of those awkward laughs that was used to fill the silence. and then john noticed freddie raising his eyebrow.
freddie leaned in close and whispered in his ear "are you scared to go in there by yourself, darling?" he smiled.

john shook his head no, still adamant that he was not a baby and that he was (nearly) a full ass adult. freddie smiled wider and cocked his head to the side, knowing john wasn't telling the whole truth. and instead of answering with words, john nodded slowly, looking down at his hands.

freddie nodded too, and stood up, offering john his hand. "we'll be back in a second, lovelies."
-
"oh yeah, cause that didn't seem suspicious at all" john joked as they reached the kitchen. freddie switched on the lights and saw the younger boy instantly relax.
"you're right, darling. that did seem a little bit frisky," the elder boy chuckled, grabbing a glass from the cupboard to pour some fizzy pop into it for john.

"thanks for coming with me freddie," john grinned, becoming shy once freddie turned around to face him, holding out his drink. john took it with a grateful smile and put the edge of the glass to his lips.

"don't mention it honey. were you scared of the film?" he winked, pouring himself a drink.
john vigorously shook his head, but again, freddie knew he wasn't telling the entire truth.

"tell me the truth," he pursued, leaning against the kitchen counter.
"if i say yes, will you be all over me saying how small i am and calling me a baby?" john frowned, leaning against the kitchen counter on the opposite side of the room, resting his arms behind him.

"you don't have to be scared for me to be all over you and calling you baby," freddie teased with a flirty smile. john blushed for what must have been the millionth time today. he took another sip out of his glass, looking around the room as he was doing so, until his eyes landed on a smirking freddie.

"stop making me blush all the time, it's annoying," he ordered, pushing his chest out ever so slightly to make himself seem more.... intimidating? manly?

"you love it," the other boy flashed a toothy grin, before covering his teeth with his top lip, constricting his jaw in an adorable manner. john frowned at this; freddie shouldn't have to feel the need to cover his teeth. john liked them, at least. he thought they were unique and cute. they made freddie freddie. his large teeth just made his smile even more brighter.

"and why do you flirt with me all the time?" john got braver. he could tell freddie didn't expect or prepare for this question, because he sucked in a breath and took a long gulp of his drink. this time it was john's turn to smirk.

"uh, fun i guess?" he answered after a little while, his eyes holding a pleading gaze. and, when freddie was least expecting it, john walked up to him and gave him a big bear hug. freddie radiated warmth and he smelt of apple shampoo and slight cigarette ash, and john was addicted.

"what's this for darling?"
"just a thank you"
"for what?"
"i don't know. for existing? i guess? i dont know but im just glad i met you. because you're the best person ever and i dont want to let you go. and i wont let you go," john spoke into his shirt.

"woah. stalker alert," freddie joked, which earned him a soft slap to the chest. and he liked the feeling of john's hand on his chest