𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊

TAINTED BLOOD!
comeuppance.

TAINTED BLOOD!comeuppance

        𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍, causing her striped hair to fly in all directions. The young witch was now sitting Indian style on the floor of Fred and George's bedroom, a bubbling cauldron before her along with a vast array of vials from her personal collection.

A week had passed since Alexandra had come up with the idea of teaching a much-needed lesson to those who saw it fit to gossip and mock her friends.

Much had changed since that eventful day. Alexandra had been forced to stop hiding her hair, for it now held as many blonde locks as stark white ones. No one seemed to have a plausible explanation as to why this was happening to her; hours of research with her friends kept raising more questions than answers. Much to Alexandra's dismay, all those queries that arose from hours of research went unanswered by even Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall, who'd been clued in at the Headmaster's insistence.

What Alexandra had expected to become a source of constant gossip, had simply faded in the background. With each passing day, more and more students had become strong advocates for Harry's supposed 'treachery'. Alexandra and her best friends had taken it upon themselves to help Harry to avoid his peers, finding a surprising ally in the kind and shy Neville Longbottom.

A loud whistling sound, followed by a popping one, caused each teen in the room to peer inside the scorching hot cauldron. The liquid substance was solidifying before the teens' eyes, small clumps slowly shaping into striped oval-looking candies. While the concoction for the first prank had been rather easier to create, it had taken four afternoons, three evenings, and four battered cauldrons for the teens to succeed in their second feat.

As Alexandra quickly turned the heat off, placing the cauldron close to one of the open windows in order to let their product cool off, George sprung up from the carpeted floor. "It worked!" Folding both arms against her chest, Alexandra quirked a brow, eying the boy with a challenging look. "Not that we ever doubted you –"

"Aside from when the second cauldron melted." Fred piped up, his face lighting up in a boyish grin.

"And when the third one scorched Lee's robes."

"Don't forget the fourth one."

"Poor Reed is still looking for his shoes."

"Won't stop ranting about having lost them."

"How they disappeared into thin air."

"Cornered a second-year student, poor sod."

Pinching her nose and closing her eyes, Alexandra let out an annoyed huff. "For Rowena's sake! Inventing potions is an art of trial and error – I should have never let you in on my secret. And for the thirtieth time, I wasn't aiming at Lee's bed when I threw the cauldron off the flame!" The young witch rambled, her eyes falling onto what was left of Lee's robes, wincing in the process.