Going Out In Style

Magsimula sa umpisa

     "I take it that's all you can say to someone like me?"

     "I'm afraid so, sorry to leave you in the dark like this." Papyrus apologizes.

     "I understand, it's part of your job, after all."

     "Yes, well...I've left you your list of chores in the kitchen today so go tend to those as soon as possible." He leaves without letting me say a word as he closes the door behind him.

     Papyrus looked hasty and nervous more than usual; but it's normal to see him like this when he and Sans are about to go do a gig. My mind didn't have to wonder what Sans and Papyrus could be doing because for once, I knew where they were going.

     I change into my maid clothes and decided to not to wake up Chara and left her alone to sleep in the glass charm that hung around my neck that's tucked away under the collar of my dress that emitted a faint red glow. I finally leave my room only to be met with passing glares of other maids that knew I hadn't woken up the same time they did. As I walked to the kitchen, I noticed how busy the mansion looked; there were so many monsters hustling around in their dark blue suits. All the Venatores must be going to the show.

     As the day went by while cleaning the mansion, more and more monsters were leaving wearing fancy masks and suits as the other maids became curious and gossiped amongst each other about what they could possibly be doing. Some of the maids pointed out that it was obvious what the Venatores were doing since they had gone to town and saw the flyers all over the streets about Mettaton's Masquerade. The only thing all of the other maids including me didn't know was why the Venatores are going to the masquerade. I remember the conversation I overheard last night with Sans, Undyne and the two other monsters. I remembered how they never really said the reason of why they were going other than Papyrus 'feeling something in his bones'. Either way, the reason of going must not have been too bad.

     By the time lunch had ended hours ago, most of the mansion remained vacant except for a few monsters that guarded the main entrance and kept watch through the large windows of the mansion. Time was drawing near to secretly leave to the show but my heart began to pound and saw two large monster dogs at my bedroom door. The male dog continued to scratch at the door with his large paws while the female sniffed the edge of the door frame.

     "Can I help you?" I gulped nervously.

     The two dogs turn to look at me and ceased their sniffing and scratching.

     "Oh good, it's the human!" One of them barked as the other steps forward. "My name is Dogamy and this is Dogaressa. The boss wanted to make sure that you were fine before he went out."

     I was surprised to hear from the large dog that Sans wanted to make sure that I was alright, but it wasn't a surprise that he didn't come to see me with his own two eye sockets.

     "I'm glad to hear that Sans is concerned about me so why don't you go and tell him that I am fine and I'll be here in my room when he comes back." My choice of words and tone came out spiteful.

     The two dogs shifted uncomfortably where they were standing after what I had just said.

     "Sorry (y/n)-human, we're only doing our job." Dogaressa says worried.

     Dogamy and Dogaressa then leave as I close my bedroom door and lock it. I run to the bathroom to take a quick bath and decided to let Chara out of her glass charm. I release her from the confined space of the charm as Chara enlarges to her original size.

     'You know if Bella hears the water running, she'll sneak through the vents again and you'll have to take her back to Gaster.' Chara says as her soul looks as if it was stretching.