Chapter 14

My dumbass just realized that I've been writing Josie's name wrong :)

*^*^*
I got dressed into my favorite f/c color dress, Anne has this beautiful green one on with puff sleeves. Matthew wanted to buy me one too but I don't like to be extra, I just like the simple things.

She stared at me trough the mirror as I looked at myself, her short hair looked like it was beginning to grow again. But I still feel sorry for her, Mr Philips called her a boy.

She looked down at my hair and sighed, she stood up and played a little with it, "You should stop pulling your hair up, it looked better when there's nothing in it." I smiled softly as I took a piece of my hair.

I turned around and hugged her, "I love you, Anne, you've been there for me when most people would walk away, I would give you the world and all happiness if I could." She hugged back tightly as I felt tears fall onto my shoulder.

"I love you too, Y/n. I would do that same for you, would you help me with just one thing?" I nodded, "anything, my dear Anne."

"I might have been taking a like on someone." She said, I looked at her shocked, "What, who?"

She bit her lip and ran away, I looked confused before she came running back, "I found this in our hut, it appears to be from Cole." She blushed a deep red as she looked at it.

"I know he's the same as aunt Josephine, but everything I'm around him I feel... different. The same as Gilbert feels around you."

"Gilbert doesn't like me!"

"Yes he does! He's so in love with you, you two are just too blind. I'm surprised you two haven't even kissed."

"Yeah, about that-"

"OH MY! When?"

"At the school sleepover, but keep it down please! If Josie or even ruby finds out, they will tell everyone about what my father did to us."

She sighed and grabbed my shoulders, "But that's all in the past, you're not actually going to listen to her."

"Well, we kissed, didn't we." I giggled, my smiled dreamily as I could still feel his plum lips onto mine.

"Y/n! Anne! The guests are you!" Marilla yelled from downstairs, Anne smirked evilly asked me before pushing me playfully.

"A very special guest." I rolled my eyes but I could still feel my cheeks burn, why does she have to do this to me?

Anne grabbed my arm and pulled me downstairs, what if Gilbert doesn't like my hair like this? Suddenly I felt all eyes on me.

"I told Y/n she should keep her hair like this, it's beautiful isn't it." Anne spoke, Gilbert suddenly stood up as the room suddenly began to feel awkward.

Marilla looked at Gilbert weirdly but didn't say anything, Bash and Anne looked at him with a big smile as Matthew looked at him with wide eyes. He honestly looked like a confused puppy.

"Y/n..." he breaths, he gently grabbed my hand kissing it, "How have you been?", "Good." He smiled at my blushing face.

We stared into each other's eyes but Matthew coughing making us shake out of it, "Who wants for some supper?"

*^*^*

As we sat down Gilbert quickly sat next to me, Anne laughed but Gilbert seemed to notice, she sat in front of me as Bash sat next to her.

Marilla and Matthew sat on the sides of the table as they told everyone to started eating. I was about to grab some food when I felt something being put into my lap.

I looked down and saw a small present, I looked at Gilbert pouting, he placed his finger on his lip telling me to keep quiet and I did.

*^*^*

After a night of funny conversations and Gilbert and I secretly holding hands from under the table and laid in bed with the small present in my hands.

Should I even open it? I mean what can it possibly be? I blushed, I felt so bad that I didn't get him anything.

I sighed as Anne's loud snoring was heard from the other side of the house, I smiled a little before opening the box.

A cute little necklace fell out, I grabbed it and studied it, it's was very pretty with a key and a heart.

I notice that there was a note next to it later on, I grabbed it and started reading it.

"Dear Y/n,

My father gave this to my mother when she was still alive, I probably never told you what happened to her but that's for another day. When I was going through my fathers stuff so Bash could have some warm clothes since he doesn't take the cold very well,"

I giggled a bit.

"And that's when I saw this necklace, my father gave it out of love to my mother. So I decided to do the same. This is my special way of telling how much I really love with with giving you the key of my heart,

Love, Gilbert ♡."