She had come to realise that she wanted Thomas Shelby, and she wanted to be a part of his life. She wasn't afraid to be open to him about that, as she had come to believe that he shared some feelings for her too.

She grinned, "Is that your way of asking me to dance, Mr Shelby?"

Tommy pushed himself away from the wall, his hands leaving his pockets as he came to a stop in front of her. She admired the charming smile on his face as he held out a hand to her.

"Lynette Reid, would you dance with me?"

She took the outstretched hand with a grin, allowing him to pull her to her feet and towards the centre of the room. He pulled her close, one hand around her waist while the other held her smaller hand in his own. It was just like when they danced at the races, although this time there was no music and their movements were much slower.

The stepped back and forth in a small circle, their foreheads resting against each other as the only noise in the room was the gradual breathing. Tommy initiated the first kiss, his lips coming to meet her's in such a gentle touch. Lynette welcomed the sensation, savouring the sweetness of the moment before the passion gradually grew.

It started with the removal of his coat, which was dropped to the floor carelessly. Her fingers running through his hair as he stared to undo the buttons of her blouse, in which she soon returned the favour.

Their lips didn't break until Tommy pulled his undershirt over his head, before his hands returns to her hips as he pulled her close to continue the kiss.

Every action was gentle and left tingles on the skin; the unfastening of her bra, the unbuckling of his belt, and the removal of her stockings. Both kept the same slow pace as they savoured every moment and stored it to memory.

Lynette had not expected it to be this easy to make Tommy show this softer side of him, the side of him that wasn't a dangerous gangster or a feared man. Even as he pulled the clip from her hair so he could work his fingers through it as he guided her to the bed, she felt hazy like she was in a dream. It all seemed too good to be true.

But it was real, and every moment of it was beautiful. Every open kiss on her neck, every time his arms tightened around her, or even just the way he leaned back to admire her for a second told her everything she needed to know.

She had never been in love with someone before, but she knew that she was beginning to love Tommy. Just by the way he looked at her and held her, she could now see without a doubt that he returned the favour.

Lynette didn't think that anyone could look at her and see beauty. The thin white lines decorated on her skin and the jagged circle from a bullet wound made her think that any man would turn away, but not Tommy. He could see past all of those marks, because he had them too.

..............................

"Tommy, are you okay?"

Her whispered voice was the first sound to have echoed in the room for almost an hour.

As Lynette curled into Tommy's side, she grew more worried having noticed that he had been staring at the wall opposite her bed for quite some time. Her anxiety kicked in as she wondered whether he had began to regret his actions.

His gaze didn't waver from the wall as he answered her. "I don't hear the shovels against the wall."

"What shovels?"

It was then that he turned to look at the auburn haired woman that rested beside him. Those georgous brown eyes that he loved so much staring back at him in confusion.