one.

one. FIRST DAY

"HURRY UP, PHOEBE!" Hopper calls awakening Phoebe from her deep slumber

"HURRY UP, PHOEBE!" Hopper calls awakening Phoebe from her deep slumber. She groans and slams her face into her pillow.

"Do I have to go?" She questions, rolling out of bed and looking up at Hopper. He chuckles softly and ruffles her blonde hair. She playfully rolls her eyes and moves his hand away from her hair.

"Yes, you do. You're graduating this year. Be present as much as you can because last year's attendance was horrible." He notes. Last year was when Will Byers went missing. That was an enormous and dreadful mess and the reason why Phoebe's attendance went horrible.

"Fine." She sighs. Hopper leaves her room so she can begin to get ready for school. It took an hour or so for her to enter the kitchen and sees Eleven eating breakfast at the dinner table.

Hopper has recently taken her in. She was wondering the woods for God knows how long until Hopper found her. She was the reason why they were staying in a cabin that was in the middle of the woods. To keep her safe from the men that continuously tried to find her.

"Good morning." She welcomed, in a monotone voice.

Phoebe takes a seat beside her and looks over to her with a smile. "Morning, El." She says. The three of them eat their breakfast in silence until Hopper leaves and Phoebe starts a conversation up.

"So, I was talking to Mike yesterday." She started up with a smile.

Eleven shot her head up, "for real. What happened?" She quizzes, fully submitted in the conversation.

"I asked him how he was doing after you "disappeared". He's not doing so well, but he always mentions that he feels that you're always around but not in person. Like in the spirit." Phoebe explains. She knows that Elven has been visiting him with her powers. Phoebe then digs into her pocket and pulls out a necklace. It was just a simple silver chain. "Its a necklace. He asked me to put this in the box. The box that he thinks we do every night. When we put the Eggos and see if you find them." She adds. Phoebe stands up from her chair and puts the necklace on Eleven.

"It's pretty." El simply says, touching the silver chain.

"Yeah, it is. He's so sweet." Phoebe comments which made El nod, agreeing with her. Phoebe then grabs her bag and hugs El. "I'll be back later with a surprise, okay?" She advised Eleven. El nods once again and watches Phoebe leaves the house. Phoebe gets into the car that Hopper somehow managed to get her for her birthday. She honestly believes that he stole it on some "police business".

Phoebe soon arrives to school parks her car in a random parking slot. She was tardy, as always, because she stopped for a cup of coffee. She takes out her car keys, grabs her bag, and makes her way inside of the school building. The halls were vacant and calm. Everyone was in their class period and Phoebe took the chance to go to her locker before the bell rings.

Too late.

She sighs, annoyingly and opens her locker. The halls soon filled with troublesome youths. Talking loudly and playing around in the halls. There were many groups of girls who were gossiping about a new kid. Noting that he was incredibly hot and has a nice ass.

I didn't even know there was a new student here, she thinks to herself. Of course, Phoebe didn't know. She was late so she must have missed his entrance. 

"Phoebe." A voice calls, gaining her attention. She turns to see Johnathan standing there.

"Hey, Johnathan." Phoebe greets, with a smile. She closes her locker and pulls him in for a hug, "how are you doing?" She then questions.

"Good. Will has been getting better, my mom is just keeping a really close eye on him and she is frequently worrying for him." He clarifies as they both started to walk down the halls.

"I'm glad that he's doing-" before she could continue her sentence, someone rammed into her. Phoebe books were knocked out of her hands and she snapped her head up to see who was it. She made eye contact with a pair of blue eyes and the scent of cigarettes shot up her nose. Her nose crinkled at the scent and noticed that she's never seen this guy before. He must be the new kid. He was cute.

"Sorry about that, gorgeous." He winks.

Phoebe rolls her eyes and gathers her books together. "It's fine." She mumbles. Annoyed at what just happened. Everyone in the halls stopped to look and the girls began babbling about why Billy was talking to her.

"I'm Billy," he introduces as he hands her one of her notebooks that fell. Phoebe takes the book from his hand and flashes him fake smile.

"Phoebe." She said, walking past him. Johnathan quickly makes his way to Phoebe's side and notices that the new kid was ogling at her up and down. Taking in the blondes gorgeous looks that everyone envied.

"He was definitely checking you out." Johnathan observes.

Phoebe chuckles and shakes her head, "I would never." She states. "You can tell that he's such a player and every girl at school is fawning over him. I rather not be one of them." She adds, pushing their classroom door opened to let the two of them in.

"By the way, going back to our early conversation; I'm glad that Will is doing well. Just let me know if anything changes. I want to help out as much as I can." Phoebe tells Johnathan with a caring smile. He nods and pulls her in for a side hug. They both separated from the hug and continued off with their class.

SOON, school came to an end and Phoebe was leaving the school with Steve and Nancy. Another pair of friends she inherited due to the massive complications from last year.

"I'll talk to you guys tomorrow." Phoebe dismisses. She hugs both of them and watched as they get into Steve's car.

"Bye, Pheebs, " They both drove off and Phoebe begins to dig in her bag for her car keys.

"Hey there, blondie." A familiar voice greets. Phoebe sighs, irritated and looks over to see Billy standing there with a cigarette in his mouth. She looks up at the annoying, but rather attractive dirty blonde in front of her. She folds her arms across her chest and has an intense eye stare with him.

"What can I help you with, Billy?" She quizzes. He chuckles at her features which made her furrowed her eyebrows. "What's so funny?" She wondered.

"You're cute when you're so serious." Billy comments. Phoebe scoffs and takes the keys in her hand to open her the car door. "Hey! Let me take you out sometimes." He then suggests.

"No thanks, I'm good," Phoebe says, pulling out of the driveway and speeding off.