You nodded and slowly made your way up alongside the boy. Eventually, you pulled yourself up onto the branch and sat with your back against the trunk.

"See! I knew where to hide!" He sat next to you, proud of himself.

You smiled, "Thanks Reed!"

You both sat and talked, mostly about his day, until your ears picked up footsteps.

"Shhh." You whispered and peered down to see two people slowly come into view. Your heart stopped. Connor and Aiden were here.

"You don't think she ran to the village?" Aiden asked as he glanced around, hoping to catch sight of you.

"I'm not sure. All I know is Reed and Micah are gone too. She warned them before hiding. I swear when we find her again I'll-" Connor growled.

"Stop! She might be nearby and hear you!" Aiden rushed out as he walked to the back of the tree and peered inside.

You sighed inwardly. Micah was okay.

"She's not here." He concluded and Connor looked up into the tree.

You held your breath and didn't move as his eyes scanned over your branch.

"Lets head back to the castle. She has to be in there still." Connor sighed and they both slowly walked away from the tree.

"I didn't know Micah was playing as well!" Reed said in amazement and you winced at his innocence.

"Yup..." You trailed off, a sinking feeling growing in your stomach.

~~~~

"I win again!" Reed laughed as his palm hit your fist.

You sighed in annoyance and glanced around. It had been some time. Maybe you could start heading back.

You both descended the tree and followed the path back to the stable.

"Hey Reed..." You said as he started walking towards a horse,

"Yeah?" He turned to look at you.

"Saddle up a horse. Just in case. If I come back out here, I want you to get on it and ride away. Do you understand me?"

He furrowed his brow in confusion, "(Y/n)? What do you mean?"

You looked at him worriedly, "Just do it please. For me."

He nodded and you sighed, turning to go back down the path. There was trouble waiting for you inside the palace.

The hallway was quiet as you made your way back to your room. You pushed the door open, holding your breath as you peered inside. Nothing. Sighing in relief, you stepped inside and shut the door.

(TW maybe? I'm not sure.)

You cautiously made your way to the bathroom, hoping you'd be able to hide in there without the princes noticing.

You opened the door and screamed in horror. Your (e/c) eyes stared at lifeless brown ones.

I thought she was safe from them...You thought as you collapsed to your knees.

Florence hung in front of you, her body bloody. Her face was emotionless. Your hand went to your mouth, wishing you could take back the last few seconds of your life.

"F-Florence..." You whispered as you reached out to touch her arm, hoping it was a mannequin. Cold, dead skin met your fingertips and you jumped back.

"Why...They never mentioned you!" You screamed. "They never threatened your life! So why...Why would they do this to you!?" Tears fell down your cheek and ran your fingers through your hair as you stared at the once loving old woman.

The door behind you opened.

"Oh good! She did see it!" Aiden said cheerfully as he stepped into the room.

"(Y/n) dear? Do you like the new decoration?" Connor called out as he came up behind you.

"Why..." You muttered, your voice dull.

"Why what?" Aiden asked as he walked past you and towards Florence. "Why kill her? Well, for one you attacked us and then ran away. Moreover, you warned the stable boy and assistant so we couldn't find our toys. She was the next one in line." He frowned at her before turning back to you.

"Why..." You repeated, feeling weak.

"What?" Connor laughed, "Did you think we wouldn't kill anyone? (Y/n), we love you. We crave your attention. If killing makes you notice us, we'll kill every last person in the world. Isn't that romantic?"

You shook your head slowly, "You guys are insane."

Aiden and Connor laughed.

You whipped your head around to look at them, tears in your eyes, "She had a life! She had a job! She probably had a family! Why are you laughing at something like that!? She deserved better! She...she..." You began hyperventilating as you tried to grab one of the thoughts in your swirling mind.

"(Y/n). Calm down. You're going to faint." Aiden said as he reached out for you.

You backed away from him and hit the doorframe, "Don't touch me! Don't say you care about my health when you obviously didn't care for hers! You two are psychotic! You..." Black dots started floating around your vision.

"(Y/n). Steady your breath!" Connor called out, his voice slowly growing faint.

You glanced at him as you slowly slid to the floor, silently hoping you wouldn't wake up.

A/N: Fun fact> I've been ignoring all my summer assignments to write these. I hate having summer homework (⌣́_⌣̀). I'm still gonna write though. I have no preservation for my grades xD. Anyway, I'm also back to my normal schedule of even amount of parts so that makes me happy. Rip to Florence but someone had to die, ya know? People are really attached to Micah so he couldn't potentially die so soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hope you're enjoying the story!