The Fighter (3) - B.B.

Bucky stirred awake to hear your soft whimpers. You had woken up from a bad dream about your past. Your cheeks are tear stained. Bucky's heart broke and you're gripping onto him tightly. Bucky moves slightly.

"Please don't leave," you pleaded.

Bucky shifted onto his side and he wrapped his arms around you. You buried your battered face into his chest and the tears came again. He ran his hand through your hair and his other hand went up and down your spine gently. You felt him press his lips against the top of your head. It brought you some comfort but you're still too shaken from the nightmare that plagued your mind for the whole night.

"I ain't leaving you unless I gotta take a piss or a shit. I don't think you wanna be there," Bucky said.

You sniffled and he wiped away a tear.

~~~two days later~~~

"How's your lil fighter?" Steve asked.

"Dunno. She keeps to herself. I've barely gotten ten words out of her ever since I first met her. I think she's had a pretty rough life and she's only 18, Steve," Bucky said. "It's like my ma keeps pulling in strays but not the animal kind."

Steve chuckled and Bucky said, "I would've liked a dog or a cat, ya know."

You frowned and keep yourself from crying after hearing what he said downstairs in the entertainment room. You really liked Bucky. You felt safe with him and you never have felt so safe in your life but you're just another stray that his family brought in. You quietly left the house not wanting to hear another word.

"But I got you and I got her," Bucky said. "I'm liking her a lot more than you."

"Ouch," Steve said acting offended.

"Go cry to your Peggy— oh wait, she's too busy being a world class surgeon," Bucky sassed.

Steve laughed and Bucky just chuckles.

~~~

Bucky watches as you braid your hair into boxer's braids. You're sitting on the end of the bench facing the mirror. You know for a fact that this will be the last time you look normal for the month. You're pretty calm and it shocks Bucky. He was always pacing the locker room before the fight. He always got anxious. Even now, he's anxious for ya. 

You're gonna fight Yelena Belova, his ex and the best friend to Natasha Romanoff. The Philadelphia Russian native supposedly killed a chick in the ring. Bucky 110% believes it to be true. He's really nervous for you.

"Can you stop pacing?" George asked.

"I'm not pacing," Bucky said stopping in his tracks.

He starts pacing again and you throw a water bottle at him. He gasps looking at you. He never expected you of all people to throw a water bottle at him. His dad snickers and Steve just grabs Bucky's shoulder.

"Come on, let's get our seats," Steve said. "Before she punches you."

~~~

You're breathing hard as they wipe your blood off your face. Yelena isn't letting up one bit and it's the 10th round. A hand is placed on your bicep. You look over to see Bucky.

"You got this," Bucky said. "You can still turn this around and win. You can win this."

You nodded. You get up and spit out the water in your mouth. You look at Yelena and she has this look of "I'm gonna kill you". Natasha is even in the crowd and she has the same look. But you already defeated her. The bell rings.

"So, you've taken my sloppy seconds," Yelena said. "You poor little bitch."

Your glove connects with her jaw. She gasps and growls. You keep doing jabs and punches all over. You back her in her corner. Bucky is cheering you on. He's out of his seat screaming.

"YELENA KILL THE BITCH!" Is screamed by her trainer.

Peggy gasped. It's her first time watching a boxing match. She's shocked that someone would say that aloud. She's looking at Steve who's on the edge of his seat captivated. It's always been like a dance for him and Bucky to watch. She looks back to see you to get kicked in your core and you fly back. It's an illegal move.

You yourself are now terrified. Yelena just attacks you viciously. The referee tries stopping her but it's too late. Bucky jumps into the ring along with the team that George brings.

"PEGS!" Bucky yelled.

Peggy is quick to get into the ring with Steve's help. You're just looking at Bucky. You're terrified. You're in so much pain especially in your jaw. Tears are streaming down your cheeks.

"Call an ambulance," Peggy said and her fingers carefully go under your jaw.

You let out this hiss/scream. It breaks Bucky's heart. George is screaming at Yelena's team along with this other guy, T'Challa. You're just so young and Bucky's holding down your gloves cause you're panicking.

"It's gonna be alright," Bucky said.

To be continued?